Meet the Ecwid Plugin for Kirby Websites
There’s only one step between being online and selling online — just add an Ecwid store to your existing website as a piece of HTML code, a widget, or a plugin.
The family of Ecwid plugins recently welcomed its newest member for Kirby websites. There’s now one more way to sell online with Ecwid.
Kirby is a content management system that is particularly popular among web studios, bloggers, and people with portfolio websites. Now all those websites can get an online store installed in minutes.
What is Kirby?
Kirby is a
Click on the image to view more theme examples
Kirby is the perfect solution for small businesses that want a simple and permanent website structure (web studios, blogs, or local restaurants).
The bottom line is that a Kirby website will be great for you if:
- Your website has a simple structure that you don’t need to change all the time
- You need a handful of pages for showcasing your business
- Seeing or touching code doesn’t scare you.
If all you need is a
- How to Choose a Site Builder for Your Ecwid Store
- How to Choose a Site Builder for Your Ecwid Store — Part II
Sell on Your Kirby Website
With Ecwid’s plugin, you add your products, set up payment and shipping settings, and Ecwid displays the catalog, cart, and checkout widgets on your site so that your customers can find and pay for your products.
Here’s just a small part of Ecwid’s features:
- Ability to sell physical and digital products: a forever free plan allows to sell up to 10 items
- 40+ payment options including Stripe, PayPal, Square, and AuthorizeNet
- Support of popular shipping carriers to calculate shipping rates at checkout (USPS, UPS, FedEx, CanadaPost, and others), plus an
- Promotional tools: discount coupons, wholesale discounts,
membership-baseddiscounts, abandoned carts management.
How to Install an Ecwid Online Store on Kirby
- Create an Ecwid account if you haven’t yet. It’s free.
- Add the Ecwid plugin to your Kirby website. How to do it →
- In the Ecwid widget in your Kirby Admin Panel, click the Connect button to connect your Ecwid account to your site.
- Once your account is connected, the plugin will automatically try to create a new Shop page on your site. If a page is not created, you can create a Shop page yourself: just create a page and choose the “Ecwid” template in the page creation dialog.
- To manage your store, click the Dashboard button in the Ecwid widget in your Kirby admin panel.
Helpful resources for running your store
The real fun begins when you have created your store and start selling. Bookmark these links to know how to use your Ecwid store’s potential:
What is the best way to build a website, in your opinion? Share your thoughts in the comment section!