There are countless ways to build a website. One of them is to use the desktop site builder application RapidWeaver for Mac. With our new
Get the plugin
For those of you who haven’t heard about this
Does the Ecwid + RapidWeaver
e-commerce website work for my business?
Totally, if you are an Apple head who wants:
- An online store for a small business
- A classic website structure (for example, Home/Store/About/Gallery/Blog/Contact Us)
- Little or no coding
RapidWeaver has 50+
If you need more features, RapidWeaver supports a lot of
With Ecwid, you can sell physical and digital products in 175 countries, using various payment methods (e.g. credit cards, online wallets, cryptocurrencies, cash), shipping options (global shipping, local delivery,
Place your storefront on as many websites as you want. Besides your RapidWeaver website, you can also sell on Facebook, on marketplaces like Amazon or eBay,
How to add an Ecwid online store to RapidWeaver websites
Use RapidWeaver on macOS 10.11 or a more recent version (find out here how to check what version you have).
The application is not
RapidWeaver has a comprehensive set of video tutorials explaining how to work in the app. In a nutshell, the
Ready with the basics? Let’s move on to adding an online store.
- Download the Ecwid
e-commerceplugin for RapidWeaver. It comes as a .zip archive too, so click on it to install the plugin. Restart RapidWeaver to see the installed plugin in the app.
- After clicking on Online Store, you’ll move to the store page. As long as you’re still setting up your store, a demo store will display on your store page. Check it out (switch to the preview mode at the top of the editor) to see how your future store fits the store page.
Switch back to the Edit mode and select Create new store (or connect an existing store in case you have one).
- Walk through creating an Ecwid account. The setup wizard will show your progress with all the necessary steps: adding products, setting up shipping and payments.
Learn more about the Ecwid Control Panel.
- As soon as you are ready with setting up your store, go back to RapidWeaver. Add other website pages (via Add) and change their layout (via Inspector). When you are ready, publish your website directly to the server.
Running an online store with Ecwid doesn’t require special skills, yet we have resources to help you maximize the use of Ecwid’s features.
- Subscribe to the Ecwid blog to be in the loop with new features (we release them quite often).
- Visit the Ecwid Help Center to find answers to whatever questions you may have about using our software.
- Go to our YouTube channel for video tutorials.
Also, make sure you know about other ways to sell with Ecwid: