Good news, everyone… you can connect your Ecwid store with Facebook Messenger live chat! Why should you care? Because it’s currently sitting at the #2 spot for installs on the iOS and Android app charts — right behind the reigning champ, Facebook itself.
1.3 billion people already use Facebook Messenger to communicate with friends and brands. You can reach them from your storefront by connecting your own Facebook Messenger live chat right in your Ecwid control panel.
Read on to learn how to grow your
In this post:
- Why You Should Use Facebook Messenger Live Chat
- How to Connect Facebook Messenger to Your
- How to Use Facebook Messenger Live Chat
Why You Should Use Facebook Messenger Live Chat
Facebook Messenger live chat makes a difference by providing exemplary customer service. It helps you stay in touch with your customers, communicate efficiently, and remind shoppers about offers and discounts.
Let’s explore in detail how you can use Facebook Messenger for an
Messaging creates a personal connection
In our crazy
A store with Facebook Messenger live chat offers opportunities for real conversations that bigger marketplaces and
People are already using Messenger
The number of Facebook Messenger users is huge — 1.3 billion people use the app each month. Anyone with a Facebook page (which is basically everyone) is already on Messenger, so millions of people are communicating through Messenger every day.
The majority of people surveyed say being able to chat with a business helps them feel more confident about a brand — and, ultimately, spending their
People love live chats
People love live chats for a number of reasons:
- 44% of people surveyed said that having the ability to talk to a seller in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important services and online store can offer
- 56% of surveyed people would rather message than call customer service
- 51% customers prefer live chat because it allows them to multitask.
Connecting Facebook Messenger to your store allows you to use the app as a live chat which can improve your customer service.
Facebook Messenger live chat is simple to use
There are tons of fancy live chat platforms out there, but if you’re looking for an easy way to talk to your customers without needing a secondary degree in technology, this is the tool for you. The ease of use makes it a breeze to sell on Messenger.
Conversations are saved in Facebook Messenger’s inbox
Imagine if a customer asked you a question in a live chat but you were offline. With Facebook Messenger live chat, the message will pop up once you’re back online so you won’t miss it. Having Facebook Messenger live chat on your platform keeps you in contact with clients no matter when or where they reach out to you — via live chat on your website or in Facebook’s Messenger app itself.
Now let’s find out how to connect your store to the app and how to sell on Facebook Messenger.
How to Connect Facebook Messenger to Your
Ecwid paid plan users can start to reap the benefits of live chat right away. Here’s how to link Messenger to your
- Go to your Control Panel and open All Sales Channels → Sell with Facebook Messenger.
- Click Connect Facebook page button.
- Choose a page that you use to communicate with customers and click Save.
- Specify your store’s domain and click Save. This step ensures your store’s domain is whitelisted on your Facebook page. For security reasons, the Messenger plugin works only with those domains that you have whitelisted. To change the store’s domain or add other domains go to your Facebook page → Settings → Messenger Platform → Whitelisted Domains.
That’s it! Now you can chat with customers right from your product pages and keep your sales moving!
Your customers can also click on the Messenger icon on your storefront:
Both you and your customers will see your chat history in Messenger and in their live chat on your website.
Now that you learnt all the benefits of the messenger for your business, read on to find out how to use Facebook Messenger to sell more
How to Use Facebook Messenger Live Chat
Facebook Messenger live chat can help you take advantage of instant replies, share your location, and guide your customers to the right products that will ultimately make them happy and encourage positive feedback. To get the most bang for your buck with Facebook Messenger’s live chat, check out the practices below.
real-time customer care
To start selling via Facebook Messenger, you need to understand that
We’ve all been there. You’re browsing an online store and have a question. You don’t understand the sizing. You need more information on warranty, service, installation, care and maintenance, etc. You can’t call because the seller’s in India or there’s no phone number for customer service because it’s a
If you wonder: How do I sell a product on chat?, remember that there are sensitive purchasing situations where your customer would like more discretionary customer service. Think pharmaceutical cosmetics, lingerie, security products, presents, and the like. Live chat lets them feel more comfortable and allows you — the seller — to relate to them on a personal level.
Remember that customers can see how fast you respond to messages from your Facebook Business Page, so you shouldn’t put off checking your Messenger if you can avoid it. It’s better to answer as soon as possible to keep that Very responsive to messages badge and keep customers engaging with your live chat.
Set up instant replies, greetings, and away messages
To look more professional and stay efficient, take advantage of the following settings:
- Create a custom Facebook Messenger greeting
- Use Instant Reply for situations like letting folks know you’re away
A Messenger greeting is a greeting that people will see the first time they open a conversation with you on Messenger:
A Facebook Messenger greeting brings your brand and personality to life online. Open your Facebook business page settings, click on the Messaging tab, and jump to the Response Assistant section. You can write a message up to 160 characters and use the name of your recipient, a Facebook page link, or an address.
Another helpful setting is Instant Reply, an
To activate Instant Reply, go to Inbox at the top of your Facebook page, then jump to Automated Responses. You can customize your message to say hello, give more information about your store, or let customers know when to expect a reply.
In the same Automated Responses section, you can also turn on an Away Message. People will receive this if they write to you when you’re away and can’t answer immediately:
To use this feature, you’ll need to set your Facebook page’s messaging status to away. Go to your Inbox, and in the left column, set your messaging status to Away. Then jump to the Automated Responses section and edit your Away Message. It’s best to let customers know exactly how long you’ll be away and when they can expect your response. You can also add personalization: a name of a recipient, a Facebook page link, or an address.
Create saved replies
Customers often ask similar questions about price, size, or the use of a product. To save yourself time answering these types of messages, you can use Saved Replies.
To start using this feature, go to Facebook Messenger and open any chat. Click on the icon with three dots in the bottom of the chat window and choose Create Saved Reply. Enter a reply title and the message itself. You can add photos or even personalize your messages if you like!
Do you offer
Learn more about your customers
Chatting with someone on Facebook Messenger means you can have a look at their Facebook page. It usually contains a lot of useful information on who your customers are — their age, gender, location, interests, life events, and communication style. This makes for a great way to uncover anecdotal insights and communicate to your customers in a more organic way.
Install Facebook Pages Manager app
You can install the Facebook Pages Manager app (iOS, Android) to manage Facebook messages, comments on your posts and Instagram comments in one inbox. The app allows you to see all of your notifications in one place, and you’ll be able to manage your pages and reply to clients without using a computer. This way, you’ll stay in touch with your customers no matter where they leave their questions: in Messenger, on Instagram’s DM, or in comments on your pages.
Start Selling with Facebook Messenger
Now you have your roundup on how to sell on Messenger. The rest is up to you! If you want to provide premium customer service to your store visitors, add Facebook Messenger live chat to your marketing arsenal and watch your
- Sell on Facebook: Blow Up Your Sales With Social Selling
- How to Add Products to Facebook Catalog
- How Does Facebook Work for Small Businesses?
- How Does Facebook Decide Which Posts to Show?
- How to Receive Payments on a Facebook Business Page
- How to Grow a Facebook Business Page for Free
- What to Post on Facebook: 20 Post Ideas for Your Business Page
- How To Fashion a Facebook Cover Photo to Drive Sales
Step-By-StepGuide to Using Facebook Business Manager
- Instagram and Facebook Tips Told by Small Business Owners
- 7 Strategies to Boost Sales With Facebook Marketing
- How to Sell Products Using Facebook Live Shopping
- Make your Products More Discoverable on Facebook & Instagram
- What Is Facebook Pay, and Should Your Company Use It?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Sell on Facebook Messenger
- Sell Products in Facebook Shops