Instagram has become a critical part of how businesses market themselves to the public. Sometimes, posts are lost or even shine brighter than anticipated. Often, those who know how to post on Instagram may feel the need to repost to garner more views.
Reposting is standard on Instagram, with many businesses and individuals resharing posts that should be garnering significant attention. If your post has been deleted, accidentally removed, or if you’d even like to share it again, don’t worry! We will cover how to repost on Instagram in detail depending on the situation.
We will also be covering how to post on Instagram for those who are unfamiliar with the platform. If you have decided to increase your marketing efforts by utilizing Instagram, then you’ve made the right choice. Instagram is one of the most powerful social media platforms to drive new business and increase brand recognition. However, it can be
Unlike other social media platforms, Instagram doesn’t offer a native tool to repost. This is why we felt it was important for businesses, marketers, and individuals to understand the different methods that exist for reposting on Instagram. As it stands right now, there are four ways to repost on Instagram, which we will cover shortly.
First, let’s start with how to post on Instagram!
How to Post on Instagram
Instagram boasts over two billion monthly active users.
With this in mind, it’s no surprise why the social media platform is a perfect channel to reach new audiences, advertise your business, and grow brand awareness. If you’re ready to start expanding your marketing reach through Instagram, you’ve come to the right place!
Here is a quick and easy
- Your starting point will be to click the + sign located at the top right of your Instagram feed.
- Choose a photo or video from your camera roll/library or take a photo or video directly in the app. Once you’ve selected an image/video (or taken one in the app) click the arrow at the top right of your screen.
- If you have multiple photos you’d like to post, then you’re in luck! Instagram allows users to post multiple images or videos in one post. As you go to select a photo or video, an icon will appear above them to the right reading: select multiple. Once you click this icon, you’ll see a number on the corner of every video or photo you tap. This number indicates where each photo/video will show up in the post.
- You can share horizontal or vertical images on Instagram, and crop them to get more (or less) of your image seen.
- Instagram offers many unique filters and editing options. You’ll be prompted to choose a filter, and then will be given options to edit your photo(s)/video(s). You can skip this step altogether if you’d like. However, being able to adjust filters, brightness, highlights, shadows, colors, fade, etc. does make for a more distinct and unique look.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to type your caption. Captions are important on Instagram because you have the option to create hashtags that make your posts more visible to users who are exploring the app. Always be sure to keep captions relevant and concise, and don’t be afraid to use hashtags for optimization! Hashtags are simply created by inputting # followed immediately by a relevant word or phrase that represents your post, brand, or industry.
- You can also tag friends, colleagues, and partners in your posts. For instance, if you’re collaborating with another brand, or a skilled videographer shot your video, don’t be afraid to tag them for credit/more exposure.
- You can add your location or the location of your post if you’d like. On your new post page simply tap add location and type in your location.
- You have the ability to share your posts on other social media platforms for maximum exposure. You can select the bar from the top right of your screen to share your post on Twitter or Instagram.
- Click Post!
There you have it! Those are all the key steps you’ll need to know in order to post effective content on your Instagram account.
Wait, did you make a typo?
Don’t worry! Instagram allows users to edit their captions simply by clicking on the post, clicking the … button on the top right, and selecting edit. From here, you can also delete, archive, edit, and share your post through Facebook or Twitter.
Now that you know how to post on Instagram, go out and share your content! For those wondering how to repost, we’ll get to that now!
How to Repost on Instagram
Reposting on Instagram is relatively simple.
There are many reposting apps for Instagram available today that can help with the process for free, but usually aren’t necessary.
All you have to do to repost on Instagram is utilize a screenshot and create a new post within the app given the steps we’ve just gone over.
However, when it comes to reposting, there are more simple steps that one can follow to repost the content that they love.
- Take a screenshot of the photo you want to use for Instagram.
- Tap the new post button located at the top right corner and select post.
- Resize the photo in the app.
- Select your filter and make your edits to the photo.
- Add a caption.
- Click share in the top right corner of your screen.
For those wondering how to repost on Instagram, the process is relatively easy.
For those who were wondering how to post on Instagram, you now have a blueprint to utilize in order to get your content out there!
Keep in mind that if you are reposting someone else’s Instagram post, you’ll want consent from the user prior to posting, and then tag them in the photo or in the caption for credit. Creating a citation is always recommended as well.
So, there you have it! That’s all there is to posting and reposting on Instagram. Now go get your content out there!
Do you want to learn more about selling on Instagram?
- How to Sell on Instagram: Complete Guide for Beginners
- Shopping in Reels: A New Way to Get Discovered and Sell Your Products
- 10 Engaging Instagram Reels Ideas to Promote Your Business
- Instagram Apps to Increase Your
- Trending Product Niches on Instagram
- Easy Steps to Organize your Instagram Profile for Business
- Text Matters: How to Write Engaging Instagram Captions for Online Stores
- How to Monetize Your Instagram
- How Much Does It Cost to Sell Online With Instagram?
- How to Get Approved for Instagram Shopping
- How to Sell on Instagram Without a Website
- How Many Followers Do You Need to Sell on Instagram?
- 10 Free Ways to Get More Followers on Instagram