You’ve probably heard the buzz about Google Shopping, but you may be wondering exactly how it works and how your online store can benefit from it. Google Shopping gives consumers a way to search for products and compare prices between different vendors before they make a purchase. For merchants, it’s a paid service that helps products get found by potential buyers. Luckily, Ecwid merchants have a simple way to make the most of Google Shopping. Before you dive in, here are some important things to know.
- Google Shopping allows you to create an advertising campaign using a Shopping campaign (formerly known as a Product Listing Ads), which display your product information like an image, title, price, and your business name, when people search for products online. When you set up a Google AdWords account and Merchant Center account, you can create ads that will appear when people search for the products or categories most closely related to what you sell.
- When you create ad campaigns you determine how much you want to spend on the campaign based on a
cost-per-clickrate that you establish. Depending on your advertising budget and how frequently you want your ads to appear, you can spend as much or as little as you like on these campaigns. Google Shopping campaigns are a retail-centricway to manage and promote your products on Google. You can browse through your products directly to organize them into product groups and better manage your campaigns. You can also easily see how well your ads are doing with detailed reporting data, then tweak your campaigns to improve your results.
- Creating a Google Shopping campaign can offer a variety of benefits to your online store, including:
- Quality leads — You’re more likely to attract potential customers who are looking for exactly what you sell.
- Increased site traffic — PLAs funnel customers directly to your website.
- Higher click through rates — Customers are more likely to click on images than text when shopping.
- Lower click costs — You can continually refine your bidding strategy for your campaign to spend exactly what you want to.
Ecwid merchants can easily showcase products on Google shopping to use it as an additional sales channel. Through the Ecwid control panel you can manage your products and categories and set them up to automatically feed to your Google Shopping campaign. All of your product images and detailed descriptions that you’ve already set up on Ecwid can be used without having to go through the process on Google. Any changes to your inventory will also be synchronized with your store, which will help keep your ads current. Then when potential customers search for your products and categories on Google and your ads appear, they will be directed to your online store to make a purchase.
Learn more how Ecwid can help you make the most of Google shopping, and let us know in the comment section what your experience has been with the platform.