Scenario: you’ve already got your Pinterest account set up, but now you’re not sure how to log out? You are not alone. This is a fairly common problem among new users. We’re here to help! Firstly, by reminding you that you’ve already taken care of the hardest part of the Pinterest
Here’s how to log out of your Pinterest account:
- Confirm that you are still logged in
- Click the
drop-downmenu icon at the top right corner of Pinterest’s homepage.
- Go to the last item on the list
- Click Log out
Once you click the Log out button, it should take you back to the
Learning How to Log Out from Any Device
Just like any of the other social platforms, Pinterest offers its users a
It is important to understand the platform will not log you out if you simply close the app or website. It is meant to keep users logged in for as long as they want and without any time restrictions, even if users are not on the app. Think about
However, logins can be of concern for those of us who share computers or phones with others. This presents a reason why they want to learn how to sign out of the platform. Given the
How to Log Out of Pinterest App for iPhone or iPad
Pinterest is one of the largest social networks in the world, with more than 430 million active users worldwide. About 82% of these use the platform from their mobile phones. If you happen to be one of these mobile users here are the steps to sign out of Pinterest straight from your iPhone or the Pinterest app:
- Open the Pinterest app if not opened already.
- Click the saved tab. This the last visible tab.
- Click Settings at the top right corner of the Saved Tab.
- Click the Logout button. This the last button on the settings menu.
If you don’t immediately see the Log out option right when you click settings this could be due to your phone’s screen size. Simply scroll down a little and it should be there.
How to Log Out of Pinterest for Android
We all know what works for an iPhone does not always work for an Android, and what might work for an Android does not always work for iPhone. Here is how to sign out of Pinterest from an Android device:
- Make sure you are on the Pinterest app and that you are logged in
- Click on the Profile Picture icon on your homepage at the bottom right.
- Click the Gear Setting icon.
- Click the Logout button at the very bottom of the settings page.
As you can see, logging out of Pinterest from a mobile device is fairly easy, and the steps don’t vary significantly from iPhone to Android.
How to Log Out of Pinterest from a PC or Desktop Computer
Now, if you happen to be on the Pinterest.com website instead of the app on your desktop computer here is how to quickly sign out:
- Go to the Pinterest.com website if not already there.
- On the top right corner of your Pinterest account click the 3 dots icon or the settings button.
- Then simply select Log out from the
You can also switch to another account without needing to log out of your current one through this method.
Forgetting to Log Out of Pinterest and Account Security
Following these simple guidelines, you should sign out of Pinterest from any of the devices mentioned above. If you are using the platform from your desktop computer you don’t always need to sign out, unless you have sensitive information stored on your account (say, if you’re working on a surprise birthday party for the sharer of the computer!).
If this is true for you, and you happen to have sensitive information related to your online store or personal account, you want to make sure that you always log out. This also and especially applies if you are logging in from someone else’s computer or device.
Pinterest security and account protection
Thankfully, the platform does keep track of any suspicious activity. If Pinterest notices anything unusual happening on your account, they’ll make sure to send you an email and log every device out of the account until they’ve heard from you.
This is essential for many of our Ecwid sellers currently using Pinterest to promote their online store and sell their products, as it adds an extra layer of protection to our already present security efforts and monitoring of suspicious activity.
This way our sellers can keep their online store and the customers’ data collected through our Pinterest Tag, completely safe.
The Bottom Line
Pinterest is a great platform to discover new interests and trends. It is fairly easy to log out of the platform and users do not need to worry about having their information stolen thanks to its many security features. Learn how to create an online store for free and connect a Pinterest Tag to gain access to all of the necessary insights to help you boost your sales this 2021 with Ecwid.
Do you want to learn more about promoting your business on Pinterest?
- How To Use Pinterest For Ecommerce and Why
- 5 Pinterest Strategies That Can Increase Your Sales
- Pinterest for
- How to Use Pinterest to Understand Your Niche
- How to Boost Your Sales with Pinterest
- How to Delete Pinterest: A Primer
- How to Make Money on Pinterest with Your Free Site
- How to Log Out of Pinterest (Mobile & Desktop) a Quick Guide
- How to Claim a Website on Pinterest
- How to Print Boards and Pins from Pinterest
- How to Exclude Pinterest From a Google Search