How to Integrate Your Shopping Cart With Facebook
There are more than 300 million active users on Facebook — such a great opportunity to get more customers to your online store!
Get even more buyers by adding Ecwid to your Facebook page. It will take you
Update — 13 Oct, 2016: To create your Facebook shop through Ecwid, you just have to add a free Facebook store app to your Ecwid store.
Example of Ecwid online store app on Facebook
Here are the basic steps to follow:
- If you already have an Ecwid store, click here to login. If not, click here to sign up.
- Then go to Promotions → Facebook app→ Start selling on Facebook.
- Log in to Facebook and click the Install App button at the bottom of the next page. Then click OK button to allow the Ecwid application to access basic information on your profile and manage your pages.
- The last step is to connect your Ecwid account to the app.
Read also: How To Open An Online Shop on Facebook
Below are the steps to integrate your Ecwid with Facebook:
1. Detect your Ecwid Store ID.
- Log into the Ecwid Control Panel. (Don’t have an account? Sign up for free!)
- When you log in, page Dashboard with section Getting Started will appear.
- Find the Product Browser Widget Code
- Look through the code lines, find this line: http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?1003′
1003 is the Store ID.
Note: you will see another number on your page. Use the number from your page as your Store ID.
2. Then go to Facebook Developer App. (it’s assumed you already have a Facebook account).
You will see the following form. Click the Allow button to let the Developer application access your profile.
3. Add a new application by clicking the Set Up New Application button.
4. Give your application a name (for example
5. Then you should enter some basic information on your application, upload a logo and add a description.
Contact Information and
6. We are almost done. Click the Canvas link on the left side of the page.
7. Now you should specify the required URL’s.
- Canvas Page URL — The base URL of your store page on Facebook. For example,
- Canvas Callback URL — a special URL that will show your Ecwid store. Replace pattern %STORE_ID% with your real Store ID which you got at step #1 in this URL: http://app.ecwid.com/jsp/%STORE_ID%/simple-store#?.
http://app.ecwid.com/jsp/1003/simple-store#? or http://app.ecwid.com/jsp/1234/simple-store#?
Change width and size of your application. Choose Full width (760px) and Smart size options in the Canvas settings form.
Make sure that your options look like the ones on this screenshot:
Save the changes. You will see the following page:
8. Click the View Application Profile link.
9. That’s it. Your store is ready! Press to view your Ecwid store.
Any user can now add your Facebook app to his/her profile, use it, purchase items, discuss your store with other users, become its fan, etc.
It was quick, wasn’t it?
Please, share your experience on how you added your Ecwid store to Facebook in the comments or on Twitter. I’d be glad to learn about your stories and get your feedback :
If you have questions, feel free to ask in our forums.