If you’ve recently applied for Instagram Shopping, we’re here to walk you through some of the roadblocks you may have encountered. And uncover a few ways you can get that
By the end of this post, we’ll answer your top questions on how you can be approved for shopping on Instagram.
How Do I Get Approved for Shopping on Instagram?
The first step in ensuring you are approved for shopping on Instagram — make sure you have an
Instagram Shoppable posts are only available for those who have an
If you don’t want to invest too much time and money into a website and need an easy and fast online presence to connect Shoppable Posts, consider Ecwid’s Instant Site. The robust and free
The second step — your account needs to be registered as a business profile. Unfortunately, you will lose previous promotions, insights and data related to that account. If you’re ready to make the switch, check out how to create a business profile account.
How Long Does It Take Instagram to Approve Shopping?
Now that you’ve submitted your request, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks before you are approved. If you still are waiting for approval, consider reaching out to Facebook directly for an update.
As soon as your account is approved, you’ll receive a notification in your Instagram app that you can turn on the product tagging feature in your Instagram account. Once you’re approved, check out our instructions to get started.
Why Is My Instagram Not Approved for Shopping?
If your account was not approved for Instagram Shopping, try checking a few key details.
- Downloading the latest version of Instagram
- Setup a Business Profile (Personal Profiles will not be approved)
- Uploading product catalog via Facebook
- Actively selling physical goods (no services)
- How to Sell on Instagram: Complete Guide for Beginners
- Shopping in Reels: A New Way to Get Discovered and Sell Your Products
- How Do I Sell Online With Instagram Direct Messages?
- How to Use
Micro-Influencerson Instagram to Boost Sales
- Instagram Apps to Increase Your
- How to Increase Engagement With Personalized Posts
- How to Write a Great Instagram Bio for Your Business Profile
- Trending Product Niches on Instagram
- How Much Does It Cost to Sell Online With Instagram?
- How to Get Approved for Instagram Shopping
- How Many Followers Do You Need to Sell on Instagram?
- How to Leverage Product Tags on Instagram to Increase Sales
- 6 Easy Steps to Generating Sales with Instagram Stories
- How to Sell on Instagram Without a Website
Unfortunately, without a product catalog you are not eligible for Instagram Shopping. It’s why we recommend using Ecwid
What to Do If You Are Not Approved for Instagram? Can I Reapply?
If your account was not eligible for Instagram shopping, that doesn’t mean you can’t reapply. Because of the strict requirements, it may take several attempts.
A great next step if your account was not approved for Instagram Shopping — check out this troubleshooting
Need a product catalog? With an Ecwid