In this episode of the Ecwid Ecommerce Show, hosts Jesse and Rich are joined by Chris Lavoie, the Technology Partner Manager at Gorgias. Tune in to up your customer service game with tips from industry experts.
The episode touches on the following:
- What helpdesk software is and how it differs from
- Omnichannel in customer service, and answering customer questions where they are.
- Using social media not only for marketing but for customer support as well.
- Effectively spotting and answering negative replies on social media.
- The most important metrics for customer support, including first response and resolution time.
- How to empower customers to serve themselves on a website and escalate to a live agent when necessary.
- Using machine learning to detect negative comments in customer requests to prioritize them in a support agent’s queue.
- Considering a customer’s history of requests to improve phone support. Customer service agents can get all the information they need about a customer right when they call.
- How presales can be an opportunity for customer support.
- On the support metrics side, some keys are first response time. This is how fast a brand is able to respond to a ticket that comes in. It could be just as simple as: Hey, we’ve received your inquiry. Just to let you know, we’re going to have an agent answer this as fast as possible.
- Even more important is resolution time, or how long it actually takes to solve the ticket. We have tons of data that shows there’s a massive correlation between brands who have really low first response time and resolution times and their lifetime value and churn rate.
- We have data that shows that when you respond to a presale chat via SMS or live chat in under 10 minutes, conversion rates go from
2-7%,which is industry standard, up to 28-30%.This is born from the fact that when people actually message your brand before they make a purchase, they’re not messaging you for laughs and giggles. 75% of the time they’re looking to make a purchase. If they message you, you have to respond faster. They’re gone after more than 10 minutes.
- People think support is only for
post-purchaseproblems like negative experiences. But at Gorgias, we’re trying to change the narrative. There’s a huge opportunity for presales in customer support.