Pinterest is one of the popular social media platforms, with more than 450 million monthly visitors. You likely know that Pinterest is the best social network for people who like to organize stuff. As a user, you can arrange images (known as pins) into various groups (known as boards).
It is worth noting that content on this platform ranges from inspirational images and life hacks to beautiful photography and interior design planning ideas.
However, maybe you’re tired of pinning Images. Maybe it is because the user interface is not good enough for you to keep adding pins in the long run. Maybe you never actually got into the famous online mood board site, or perhaps you have both a business and personal Pinterest and do not need both. In that case, it might be time to delete your Pinterest account.
Did you know that you have two options to choose from when deleting your Pinterest account? This is because, in some cases, a temporary situation may arise where you need to keep the Pinterest account off the radar. On the other hand, in some situations, you would just like everything to disappear. You will be happy to know that Pinterest provides you with two options. You can either deactivate your account or permanently close your Pinterest account.
It is worth noting that if you deactivate your account, it will remove everything from public view. However, deactivating your account leaves it intact in case you change your mind in the future.
Delete or Deactivate Account: Which is Better for You?
You may know that most, if not all, popular social media platforms as well as online services, such as Facebook, Instagram, Gmail, and others, give you the option to deactivate your account if you would like to take a break from the social media platform, but not necessarily close your account permanently.
Did you know that Pinterest also provides both deletion and deactivation options to users? As a result, you can choose the best option based on your specific situation. For example, if you just need some time off the social media network, deactivating your Pinterest account is a better option. This is because it will only hide your Pinterest profile and boards from other Pinterest users but keep all of your data intact, which is convenient.
On the other hand, if you delete your Pinterest account, it will remove everything, such as your pins and boards in your Pinterest profile and everything else that is linked to your Pinterest account.
How to Delete Your Pinterest Account
You’ll be pleased to know that deleting your Pinterest account is as simple as deactivating one. Keep in mind that to make sure that your decision sticks, Pinterest will revive your account if you decide to log back in within 2 weeks.
Otherwise, your Pinterest account and data are as gone as the Pinterest pins that find themselves at the bottom of a trash can.
If you are looking to completely delete Pinterest (and say goodbye to all your pins), take the following steps.
- You should open the Pinterest app and head to your Pinterest profile, and tap the person icon. You will find it in the app (at the bottom of your screen). If you are using a desktop computer, click on the Saved option. You will find it at the top.
- Now tap the bolt icon (it is the hexagon that has a circle neatly cut out of the center) to access your account settings. If you are a mobile user, you’ll find the icon on the
top-rightof your profile right next to the search bar. On the other hand, if you are using a desktop browser, you will find that setting above your Pinterest username when viewing the profile.
- And once you are inside the Pinterest account settings, you should tap Edit Settings if you are in the Pinterest app. You should tap Account Basics if you are in a web browser.
- In your Pinterest app, you should scroll to the bottom and then select close account. In contrast, if you are in a web browser, you should select the deactivate account button. You will find it at the end of the Pinterest Account Basics options.
- Now it is time to confirm your choice. You will have to confirm it in the next window that pops up
—on a web browser. This is because both these options are present in the deactivation setting. So, you will have to choose the permanently close account option rather than account deactivation.
How to Deactivate Your Account
If you are not sure that you’re ready and prepared to give up pinning for good, deactivating your Pinterest account is a good option for many reasons. For example, deactivating your account means that your Pinterest profile, including all your Pins, will not be publicly visible.
Also, it is worth noting that your other social media accounts, such as Facebook, are no longer linked to the Pinterest account.
If you are looking to deactivate your Pinterest account, take the following steps.
- After logging into Pinterest, you should click on the Profile button. In your Pinterest application, it is the person icon, and you will find it at the bottom of your screen. On the other hand, if you are using a browser, you should click on the Saved menu option located at the top.
- You can access your Pinterest settings simply by clicking on the bolt icon. If you are using the app, you will find it at the
top-rightwhile you are inside your Pinterest profile. If you are a desktop user, you will find it right over your username on your profile page.
- On your mobile phone, tap Edit settings and scroll down. Go to the bottom and then select deactivate account. If you are using a desktop, you will find it under Account Basics. You can click on deactivate account.
- Now confirm your decision, like before, in the next window.
Why Delete Pinterest?
Here are several reasons you may want to delete your Pinterest account and use an
Keep in mind that, like Snapchat, Pinterest also has a very niche audience for a social media platform. You should know that Pinterest caters primarily to women between the ages of 25 and 50. This is why if your target audience does not fit into these brackets, the social media platform might not be worth the time and investment.
Did you know that there are some significant limitations and restrictions to the current Pinterest analytics system? For example, the current analytics and stats, which allow business owners to track metrics, like how many individuals have pinned items or products from their websites and how many people viewed those pins, are still quite basic.
You can use the above steps to deactivate or delete your Pinterest account. You can deactivate your profile on the off chance that you’ll need to take a little break without losing your Pins, username, and sheets.
- How To Use Pinterest For Ecommerce and Why
- 5 Pinterest Strategies That Can Increase Your Sales
- Pinterest for
- How to Use Pinterest to Understand Your Niche
- How to Boost Your Sales with Pinterest
- Run More Effective Ads With Pinterest Tag for Your Ecwid Store
- How to Delete Pinterest: A Primer
- How to Make Money on Pinterest with Your Free Site
- How to Log Out of Pinterest (Mobile & Desktop) a Quick Guide
- How to Claim a Website on Pinterest
- How to Print Boards and Pins from Pinterest
- How to Exclude Pinterest From a Google Search