With just a glance at the iconic swoosh, you recognize the brand as Nike. That’s the power of a great logo!
In this article, we’ll tell you about different ways to create your own logo and give you advice on how to make yours evocative and appealing. We’ll also show how to create logo online with the help of an free online creator and install it to Ecwid’s Instant Site.
Six Ways To Create a Logo For Your Business
Everything depends on your design skills and budget. Here are some options for any occasions.
1. Draw your own logo
To create a worthwhile logo on your own requires some design skills and knowledge, but you’ll have absolute say over the finished product.
- Total control
- It’s free
- You better have some drawing skills
- You must know how to use a graphics program
- The result won’t be
high-qualityif you don’t have worthwhile experience
Time spent: It depends.
2. Order it from a designer
You have to describe exactly what you want and consider all its nuances in advance. Then you must look for a designer. If you can’t find one easily, you can always fall back on the freelance market (sites like Freelancer, Upwork, Fiverr etc.).
- Harness a wide variety of designers with different skills
- You logo is
one-of-a-kind,made to order High-qualityresult
- It’s not easy to find a good designer
- You’ll have to be
hands-onthroughout the process in order to get a pleasing result
- A freelancer can vanish after taking your deposit
Time spent: from 2 days up to
Cost: beginners take
3. Order it from a design studio
This process is the same as with a freelance designer, but much more convenient and coherent.
- Work with professional designers
- Great choice of design studios
- Easy to communicate and have meetings with your designers
- Achieve a unique,
- Guaranteed to finish on time
Time spent: from
Cost: from $300 at small companies up to
4. Crowdsource it
Register an account on a site like 99designs or DesignContest, write a description of what you want, and watch participating designers create logos to your specifications. Of course this only works well if your financial incentive is strong enough to capture the best designer to meet your needs. You’ll choose your favorite option and the designer responsible for the work gets paid.
- Many options to choose from
- Communicate directly with the designer
- Work is always handed in on time
- You’ll have to pay even if you don’t like any of the options
- You don’t control the process
5. Create a logo online: Use a specialized logo maker
You might consider these
- Almost always free
- You retain total control of the process
- You need some design skills
- You can’t edit the images from the database
Time spent: 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Cost: free or about $50.
6. Use an online generator
Specialized apps on the Internet use lightweight design elements to help rapidly generate a
- No design skills needed to create a
- Quick result
- Lots of options for Instant images
- Pay only after you have the finished product you want
- Average design quality
- Logo might not be unique
- Images from database can’t be edited
Cost: free for small images, $5 and up for full sized logos.
What option to choose?
If you have all the necessary skills, draw it yourself, it will be much cheaper and more convenient. If you have the budget for it, hire a designer. If you want to save money, we recommend using online generator. It has the best price to quality ratio.
Online Logo Generators
This option will be ideal for the person who has no idea how your logo should look, who can’t draw, and can’t budget a worthwhile amount for a professional. We’ve chosen three options.
Enter your company’s name and type of business and you’ll get a few dozen
Generator makes quality PNG and vector file formats for you to use in whichever marketing pursuit you need. Once you’ve got it done to your specifications, a 1,024 px logo costs $9.99.
This generator creates your logo out of a combination of elements. You can’t edit these elements and there are only a few dozen of them, but the results are still interesting and stylish.
The completed logo is available in PNG and SVG formats. You can download a 600×500 px logo for free. A
This generator allows you to implement an image, font, colors, placement of the text, and even additional elements. The completed logo is available in EPS, JPEG and PNG formats. The service is free, but you can pay extra and choose a package to create your (corporate identity).
Some Things To Keep In Mind As You Design Your Logo
If you plan to design the logo by yourself, use our tips for best results.
The cliche about thinking outside the box is especially true here
Be imaginative. A logo doesn’t always have to reflect the company’s activity. What does Nike’s famous swoosh logo have to do with anything the company actually sells? A distinct logo helps you stand out from competitors and burrow into the consumer mind.
Choose an appropriate color
Check out the chart below, which reveals data on how logo color can affect customers’ perception of your business. For example, purple conveys royalty, blue trustworthiness, and yellow positivity. What do you want to say with your colors?
Don’t get carried away with color choice. Keep it simple, no more than three colors.
Choose a font
There are thousands of fonts, so how can you ever pick the best one. Consider the following criteria:
1. Association. Different fonts evoke different mental associations. For example, a construction company’s logo would want to evoke feelings of monumentality and reliability.
2. Readability. Make sure that your font is easy to read. Avoid fonts that are too complicated or curly, which is a polite way of saying illegible. The simpler, the better.
3. Balance. Use strong fonts with strong imagery, use delicate fonts with softer imagery.
4. Moderation. There’s no reason to use more than two fonts in your logo.
Easy mistakes you can avoid:
- Don’t use flat, unappealing clipart.
- Don’t make the logo too complicated.
- Make sure the logo looks good in black and white; it might appear a variety of different places.
- Give your logo some universal appeal, so it can be used on the Internet, on
T-shirts,in outdoor advertising etc.
- Be sure to save the draft of the logo in vector format.
- Make sure the logo scales appropriately. Sometimes a logo can look nice on your mobile phone, but it might look blurry and pixelated elsewhere.
How to Create a Logo with Logaster Step by Step
In this quick tutorial, we’ll show you how to create a neat logo for an online coffee shop with Logaster.
- Enter your company name and click Create a Logo.
- You can also add your company slogan, if you want to see it displayed on your logo.
- Select the type of logo: logomark (graphic logo), logotype
(text-basedlogo), or combination mark (graphics + text). For each type, we’ve added a simplistic illustration and brief description. To view different options, click Select All.
- To help Logaster generate more accurate and relevant designs, enter a few keywords describing your business. Some keywords will be offered automatically. You can use those or add your own. Start typing a keyword into the input field, and the system will display hints.
- Now you need to choose an icon for your logo.
- Choose the suitable colors for your design. For our coffee shop logo, we’ve selected shades of yellow and brown, which are closely associated with coffee.
- Done! Now you can view your logo across different corporate designs.
- To get feedback from your friends and
co-workers,share your logo across your social media channels in one click.
- To make changes to your logo, click Edit a Logo. Use our advanced logo editing tool to adjust the text, font, and colors of your design. Plus, you can rearrange the text and graphic elements in your logo. Once you’re happy with the result, save your design.
- Click Next to proceed to the download page. You’ll see your logo presented in different versions. Download the version you like best or select a full kit of HD logo files (PNG, JPG, SVG, PDF) for your social media, website, business cards, letterheads, etc.
Upload your logo to your store
If you use an Instant Site, we suggest creating a version of your logo that is longer than it is tall. You’ll want to use a smaller icon and place it next to the text, not above it; it will look better.
To upload a logo to your Instant Site:
- Go to Website → Edit Site.
- Go to Headline & Cover → Store logo section.
- Click Upload Logo.
- Choose an image from your computer.
- Save the changes.
Create a Logo for Your Brand Today