One of the best ways to supplement or replace your income while staying at home is blogging. Blogging has become a
Top Reasons to Start a Mom Blog
There are a lot of reasons you might want to start a mom blog. Some of the most common are:
- Stay at home moms have a lot of downtime to fill, and blogging can help ease the boredom.
- Blogs posts give you a way to vent about your parenting experience, something that is sorely needed for many
- Those who enjoy writing will appreciate the creative outlet.
- The average blogger earns around $3,000 per month.
Here are a few more important reasons you should start a mom blog that you might not be aware of.
Full-time hours are not necessary
You can start making money on a very
Multiple income streams through a single effort
There are several ways you can make money with a mommy blog, and you don’t have to choose from just one. Most mom bloggers are members of at least one affiliate program, with 42.85% of affiliate marketers are enrolled in Amazon’s Associates affiliate program. But that’s not the only way you can make money.
You can also make money from your blog site by signing up with Google Ads. Enrollment in their program will allow you to earn income by allowing Google to place relevant ads on your site. You don’t have to do anything to earn money from Google Ads other than signing up and posting new content on your website on a regular basis.
The best part about being a parenting blogger is that mom blogs make money long after your content is first published. As long as the content and the links within it are still live on the site, you will continue earning money from the ads and affiliate links embedded in the blogs. If you’ve written truly useful and relevant content, you’ll enjoy top search results for some time with no effort.
What Makes Mom Blogs Successful?
Of course, not every mom that starts a blog is successful. While it takes time for any blog to start earning a significant amount, some never really get off the ground. What type of mom blogger are you? What will make you a successful mom blogger?
- Make your blog about your specific
lifestyle—lifestyleblogs are something people can relate to, which makes them want to keep reading (and clicking).
- Feel clueless about parenting? Make your blog about parenting tips that you learn along the way that might help other moms in similar situations.
- Make your blog unique by giving it a twist or a personal flair. Some of the most successful mom bloggers came up with wholly original ideas for their layout, theme, or content.
- The highest performing lifestyle blogs are those that are written by people who consider the author an expert. This simply means that you should write about what you know. If all you know is being a mom, you might have some useful information to impart.
- Narrow down your niche. You can’t write a mom blog about everything related to moms and parenting. Narrow things down a bit by considering what makes your parenting style or situation different from the rest.
The most important thing about becoming a successful mommy blogger is that you must be both patient and consistent. Although you might not start earning money for a few months if you don’t post at least 4 times per week you will have no chance of meeting your goals.
Ways to Make Money Blogging
As mentioned above, there is more than one way to make money blogging. While you shouldn’t limit yourself to just one income stream, don’t get carried away with the monetization of your blog. If you get too pushy or salesy you will lose readers, which means losing money as well.
Here are the best ways to earn money with a parenting blog.
Affiliate marketing programs
There are a lot of popular baby brands and marketplaces that offer affiliate programs. The most popular for mommy bloggers are:
- Amazon Associate Program
All of these affiliate programs offer up selections suitable for a parenting blog. You can choose the types of products you promote, and you can choose the brands you prefer. If you do decide to use affiliate marketing on your blog, make sure you disclose that you could be paid if they click on a link.
When you join Google Adsense, Google will put relevant ads on your blog site (where you choose). As long as you keep your blogs on topic, you should get relevant ads on your site that will actually benefit your readers. Google ads are clearly marked as ads, so you don’t have to worry about a disclaimer. The ads remain on the site for as long as the blog is live, although the ads displayed may change.
Sell your own digital or physical products
Do you have a
Offer up sponsored posts
You won’t be able to implement this income stream until you have a
Steps to Starting a Parenting Blog
Most moms start out with a wonderful blog idea, and they want to jump right in. Perhaps before you even found this article you made the decision to create a blog. In fact, most parents start their mommy blog on a whim. But it takes careful planning, promotion, and blog maintenance for your blog to be successful
Take these steps to successfully start your mom blog:
1. Go in with a plan
Before you get carried away with figuring out how to make money from your blog, plan out what you want your blog to be. Narrow down your niche, choose your main topic categories, and choose a blog host. Choose your domain carefully, as it isn’t easily changed once you get started.
2. Build your site and write your content
Take your time to build your site and write your content. All blog hosts offer free templates to make it a bit easier for less
3. Write your first blogs
Even if you have an about page or section, your first blog should be all about you, your kids, your parenting philosophy, and why you want to be a mommy blogger. Subsequent posts should establish your blog as an expert resource, giving information and parenting advice to those who need it to build readership. You should have several blogs ready to go as soon as your site is live.
4. Promote your blog and build readership
You will never make money with your blog if you don’t have a high readership. Before you even begin monetizing your blog, you need to start promoting it right away. Many affiliate programs, including Amazon Associates, require you to have an already established blog before you can include their links on your site.
The easiest way to promote your blog is through social media. Your blog should at least have a Facebook page, but it is a good idea to include Twitter and Instagram as well. You can also promote your mommy blog on Pinterest and other social media platforms.
5. Set up income streams
Once your blog is well underway, it’s time to start monetizing your blog. Get signed up with the affiliate programs you want to work with, as well as Google Ads or other monetization techniques. Start including those links in your blogs. You can also go back to previous blogs and update them to add relevant links and ads.
Are you ready to start your first mommy blog? What are you waiting for!
Do you want to learn more about how to make money blogging?
- Buy Button: A Simple Way to Monetize Your Blog
- How to Make Money Blogging
- How Do Bloggers Make Money?
- How to Become a Fashion Blogger and Make Money
- How to Become a Lifestyle Blogger and Make Money
- How to Become a Beauty Blogger and Make Money
- How to Become a Food Blogger and Make Money
- How to Become a Travel Blogger and Make Money
- How to Become a Mommy Blogger and Make Money