More often than not, people create a website before setting up their online store. This is understandable, considering the website is the card of any business, and adding an online store can be an afterthought. However, it doesn’t have to be an afterthought any longer — Ecwid’s revolutionary technology enables anyone to integrate a shopping cart into their existing website in minutes.
Ecwid has built special
What is the difference between a Web Content Management System (CMS) and a site builder?
Web Content Management Systems (CMS) provide site authoring, collaboration and administration tools to help
All in one sitebuilders, on the other hand, make it easy to create a website with a domain name, while bypassing the administrative and technical challenges of a CMS. Most web designers do not need the customization capabilities provided by CMS, and would rather focus on what they do best — building beautiful websites with powerful
Regardless of whether you choose a CMS or an
- Install the CMS plugin or Sitebuilder App
- Link it to your Ecwid account
- Launch your online store on your website.
Read on if you do not have a website — the remainder of this blog post will help you choose a CMS or sitebuilder that suits your needs. Creating an online store is fun. So go for it!
WordPress was created to create and manage blogs, but soon gained popularity among small business websites.
WordPress is available in two versions: WordPress.org — downloadable software that you can install on your own web server — and WordPress.com — a cloud based version hosted by WordPress.
Lea Black online store
If you have a WordPress.org site, you can install the Ecwid plugin from within the WordPress Control Panel:
- Log into your WordPress account and Go to Plugins → Add
- Type Ecwid in the search bar
- Choose Ecwid Shopping Cart from the list of plugins and click Install
- When the installation is complete, launch the plugin by clicking on Activate plugin
- Navigate to Shop Ecwid → Console and follow the instructions.
Here’s an example of a WordPress site with an Ecwid online store:
Suzie’s Farm online store
Joomla is another popular CMS that lets you create and manage your web site without any programming expertise. Log in to your Joomla account to discover Ecwid’s online store extension for Joomla:
- Navigate to Extensions → Extensions Manager within the Joomla Control Panel Go to the Upload Package File tab to select Ecwid and click Download and install. Go to Components → Ecwid → “General Settings” and enter your Ecwid Store ID.
- Go to Menu → Menu Manager and choose the page for your online store and click on Start menu
- Click Select next to the Type menu item and select Ecwid → Product Browser
- Enter a title for your online store page and save changes.
Poochini online store
That’s all! You can start selling on your Joomla site.
If your site is built using Drupal version 6.x and 7.x, please use our official module to install your Ecwid online store. The instructions for installing the module can be found in our Knowledge Base.
Wix is one of the most sitebuilders in the market and, caters to a wide range of users. You do not need programming skills to create a site on Wix provides a wide variety of templates to customize your website.
Fortunate Brand online store
It’s easy to add Ecwid to your Wix site. Install our Online Store App from the Wix App Market and start selling online:
- Follow the link to the Wix App Store and click Add to install the application
- Log in to the Wix site editor. Switch to edit mode, click on “Add to the site”, followed by OK, add. Your Wix site now has website page with a an Ecwid demo store.
- Navigate to settings, Online Store and complete the Create a new account Ecwid form to link your Ecwid online store to your to Wix account.
Ecwid has created a simple
Do you already have an Ecwid store? Share your success story below!