Ecwid Shopping Cart WordPress plugin, one of the most popular
WordPress.org, one of the most popular CMS platforms, continues to support the Ecwid plugin as it becomes more popular in the WordPress development community. Moreover, a few weeks ago, Ecwid became available as an integrated plugin option to users of WordPress.com hosted version as well.
So Ecwid now works with hosted and downloadable WordPress sites and provides
Read also: How to Create an Online Store with WordPress
Ecwid’s shopping cart plugin for
Ecwid is now one of the most popular
- Easy store layout configuration including cart and categories, product browser layout management and sidebar widgets for products search
- Powerful SEO features including Google AJAX Indexing to index your store faster and rich snippets markup to ensure better search engine results
- Automatic login to your store using the Single Sign On tool allows your customers to shop on your site without having to sign in to Ecwid (i.e. if a customer is logged in to your site, he/she is logged in to your store automatically, even if he/she didn’t have an account in your store before)
Recently added features
- Compatibility with popular WordPress SEO plugins: Ecwid displays your store pages in an
SEO-friendlyformat to make the store indexable by search engines. We adjust the plugin to make it compatible with popular third party SEO modules. Ecwid is now compatible with WordPress SEO by Yoast, All in one SEO Pack, Platinum SEO Pack and SEO Ultimate plugins. Please feel free to install one of those plugins to optimize your site and your store for search engines indexation.
- Multilingual plugin Settings page in WordPress admin area: English, Italian, Russian, French, German, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. That’s seven languages — and more translations are on the way for the WordPress plugin. Since Ecwid is available in 45 languages, customers from all over the world can shop at your store.
- Compatibility with Google XML Sitemaps: now you can add your product links along with other site pages to a site map. Just install the Google XML Sitemaps plugin (it’s free), use it to generate a sitemap, and submit it to the search engines for better search and categorization of your online store
Wordpress is the most popular and the fastest growing content management system today and that’s for a reason. We use WordPress ourselves for our www.ecwid.com site. So, if you need an online store, a combination of WordPress and Ecwid shopping cart plugin will be a good solution. Install the most recent Ecwid plugin for your
We continue improving Ecwid plugin for WordPress — new cool features are on their way, so stay tuned. If you have an idea of what we should include in the future versions of Ecwid WordPress integration, you are welcome to share it in the comments.