Oh my, it’s already November!
We are not here to panic, but you get what it means for
Here are 20 ideas for nailing your holiday marketing campaigns. If you have an online store with Ecwid
- Show Compare to Prices in Your Storefront
- Offer Discounts on Order Subtotal
- Set Up Bulk Discount Pricing
- Create Discount Coupons
- Run BOGOs
- Offer Free Shipping
- Offer Gift Wrapping
- Add a Sale Description to Your Homepage
- Add Special Offers to Category Pages
- Push Your Deals at Checkout
- Offer Flexible Discounts Based on Cart Contents
- Display a Promo Bar
- Highlight Items for Sale with Labels
- Show Related Products
- Remind Visitors of Recently Viewed Products
- Add Popups and Banners
- Enable Social Selling Tools
- Create Urgency and Scarcity
- Improve Overall Shopping Experience
1. Show Compare to Prices in Your Storefront
If you’re going to offer steep discounts, make sure all the store visitors are aware of them. Show them what the price used to be before the sale and how much they can save now.
Go to Settings → General → Cart and set up the manner your Compare to price will be displayed.
To set up the discount for each product, take the Catalog → Products route. Navigate to your product, find the Price section and set up the Compare to price. Save the changes.
2. Offer Discounts on Order Subtotal
This type of sale is based on the expectation that people will buy additional stuff to reach a certain threshold to get a discount.
To run this promo successfully, you should have a good portion of repeat customers that already know your product and are open to ordering more of it.
Set up discounts on order subtotal in Promotions → Discounts.
3. Set Up Bulk Discount Pricing
Give a hint to your customers that they can buy several gifts of the same type for good money.
To do that, set up bulk discount pricing. Every next item will be cheaper and Ecwid will automatically calculate the total discount in percent for even more impressive deals.
4. Create Discount Coupons
- Give a discount to repeat customers only
- Give a discount depending on order subtotal
- Offer free shipping on specific conditions and more.
It works like this: you set the rules when the coupon can be applied, Ecwid generates the coupon code (or you can create it yourself, for example, BLACKFRIDAY2017). Then you share the code on your website, on social media, personally via email, by chanting it in the streets, by dropping a bottle in the
You can limit coupons in time (e.g. active for 24 hours only) to run flash sales and
Tip: It’s so handy to create, enable, and stop your discounts on the go with the Ecwid Mobile app.
5. Run BOGOs
There are many fans of the
We’ve talked about BOGO sales in detail in another post: 5 Types of BOGO(F) Promotions You Can Run in Your Store
6. Offer Free Shipping
Free shipping is a bulletproof marketing strategy:
You can set up free shipping for every order or for specific regions in Settings → Shipping & Pickup.
Or create a coupon code to apply free shipping based on the order subtotal, or to share it with certain customers only.
If you have decided to offer free shipping, it won’t hurt to remind your customers of it on each relevant product page. With the Free Shipping Icon app you can easily add a standard or custom free shipping icon to your product details section.
And if you run a daily deal with free shipping to everything in your store, it’s possible to enable the free shipping icon for all products with one click. Or tick separate products on the list and apply the icon to them.
7. Offer Gift Wrapping
For free or for sale, gift wrapping offered together with a product is a
8. Add a Sale Description to Your Homepage
Offering a great deal? Declare it immediately as someone comes to your online store.
Go to Catalog → Categories → Store Front Page → General and add your deal description. You can add a text, an image, or even a video.
9. Add Special Offers to Category Pages
The same can be done for each separate category, if your discount applies to a certain group of products. Go to your Catalog → Categories, click on your desired category, and add a description.
10. Push Your Deals at Checkout
Share offers and gift ideas at checkout with the Checkout Notices app. Use it also to notify customers about important shipping terms or holiday business hours.
11. Offer Flexible Discounts Based on Cart Contents
Depending on what you sell and your holiday campaign goals, you may need to create more sophisticated discounts than just 50% off on everything. For example, you probably want to offer a special price on shoe care products if they are bought with shoes in your store.
To make your discount apply only to certain products or product combinations, categories, cart amount, local customers, date, customer groups etc., check out the Advanced Discount Rules app.
12. Display a Promo Bar
If you want to inform customers about your deals regardless of the store page, you can add a promo bar with a CTA.
The Promo Bar app is free to use and has numerous customization options, like colors, texts, fonts, and styles.
13. Highlight Items for Sale with Labels
The Product Labels app is built to let you add and customize your labels the way you need. Use Hot, New, Sale, Sold Out, or other custom labels to draw your holiday shoppers’ attention.
14. Show Related Products
Showing related products on product pages or at checkout can increase the time customers spend in your store and result in a higher order value. If you sell supplementary products (e.g. razors and shaving cream), a ‘You May Also Like’ section is your sales machine.
Learn how to set it up: Related Products
15. Remind Visitors of Recently Viewed Products
The holiday sales frenzy can make customers distracted easily. There are so many deals out there, so many products to choose from. Follow them with the reminder of what products they just checked out as they are browsing your online store.
The Recently Viewed Products app is a free extension that helps you do just that. Choose where to show this section and the number of products you want to display.
16. Add Popups and Banners
Imagine a lot of salespeople would work for your online store during the holiday sales. They’d push your deals right when a customer needs it:
- welcoming newcomers with a special offer
- catching those who are about to leave without a purchase with a nice discount
- navigating customers to your bestsellers.
It’s great that you don’t need staff to do this job in your online store. Set up
17. Enable Social Selling Tools
Use social media to spread the word and drum up more people. Go to Settings → Social Tools to:
- Open a storefront on your Facebook page or sell on Instagram to allow customers to buy without leaving their favorite social media.
- Add like and share buttons to your products
- Add the Facebook Comments widget to your product pages
- Ask customers to share their purchase and follow you on Twitter
- Let customers ask their friends for advice while shopping.
To quickly share your product pics on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter, turn to Ecwid Mobile.
18. Create Urgency and Scarcity
There is a number of ways to cheer up your customers while they are browsing.
Add a countdown timer — because no one wants to miss a great deal. The Ecwid App Market has two timers:
- Timer Plus: a countdown next to the Add to Bag button on the product details page
- Countdown Timer Popup: display it immediately, after a set period of time, on a page’s scroll down or upon site exit.
To create additional scarcity, show customers how much (or not so much) you have left in stock. Go to Settings → Design and enable to show stock to customers in the Appearance section.
Last, choose not to hide products that are out of stock; seeing that some products are sold out creates additional
If your marketing budget allows you to run paid ads, here’re some tools to help you out:
- Remarketing and dynamic ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Audience Network with the Facebook Pixel (now free!) and the Facebook Product Catalog
- Automated Google Shopping Ads
- Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr ads with the Orange Twig app.
20. Improve Overall Shopping Experience
Lastly, there is a bunch of features in Ecwid that improve the shopping experience in general, which can’t do anything but good for holiday shoppers.
- Enable Buy Now buttons to let customers buy in one click (in Settings → General → Cart).
in-storepickup to have fewer shipping issues.
- Write a clear return policy (and other legal pages) and display it properly.
- Add reviews to your products to gain more trust.
You might be using something else for holiday marketing campaigns in your online store. Why don’t you share your tecniques with us in the comments below?