Ecwid Features Digest Winter 2016-17
The Ecwid team’s here with a new bunch of updates that we released this winter. In this features digest, you’ll find good news on:
- Shipping improvements: a new method and better calculations
- More tools for your store design
- A new storefront tool: Featured Products on the homepage
- Refreshed Control Panel: new sales and shipping pages
- New versions of Ecwid Mobile app
- New payment methods: Square Payments and POS and PayPal Here
- Updated Ecwid integrations with WordPress and Weld
- 10 new apps on the Ecwid App Market
- API updates: custom discounts and
Let’s dive in and make sure you didn’t miss a single enhancement of your Ecwid store!
New Shipping Method and Improved Shipping Calculations
The new shipping features are Order pickup and dimensional shipping calculations.
New shipping method: order pickup
You can offer
In your Ecwid store, you can set up several locations for
This feature is available for all Ecwid merchants.
Learn how to set it up in this post: Introducing Order Pickup for Every Ecwid Store
Dimensional shipping rates
With the help of our new dimensional shipping rates, you can now enter dimensions — the length, width, and height — for each product in your store and get more accurate
This feature will work for you if you are using FedEx, UPS, USPS, Australia Post, Brasil Correios, and Canada Post to calculate shipping rates in real time.
Enabling dimensional shipping rates means you won’t have to overpay for bigger, lightweight items or small items which can be combined and put into one shipping box. Your shipping costs will be calculated regarding the best possible package.
Set up shipping
More Tools For Your Store Design
With Ecwid, you can change your store design as much as you want: use
This time we have added more opportunities for simple, quick, and useful modifications of your store design that you can set up without extra help and without leaving your control panel. Let’s look closer.
New design page
If you want to change your Ecwid store design, the new design page in your Control Panel → Settings → Design will lead you through all the ways to customize your Ecwid store’s look.
Here you can:
- Check out what theme is active in your store now and edit it.
ready-madethemes and create custom ones.
- Set theme options: those are the most frequently used settings that customize your store’s look within a couple of clicks.
Ecwid can adapt the colors of your store to your website theme. Depending on your site builder, it can be done as follows:
- For all site builders except Wix: enable Color Adaptive mode on your Design page and Ecwid will adapt colors automagically! :)
- For Wix websites: it’s possible to specify the store colors manually in your Wix settings:
Design my store
Control Panel Updates
Your control panel is constantly being improved to make your work faster and more convenient. Here’s a number of recent updates in your control panel.
Refreshed My Sales page
If you’ve been using Ecwid regularly, you couldn’t have missed your refreshed orders page look.
Still seeing an old page? Make sure you’ve enabled new Sales Page in Control Panel → Settings → What’s New:
Here are some of the new sales page improvements:
- A mobile responsive list: you can manage sales with comfort from any device.
- Ability to add and see order comments: a convenient way to leave notes to colleagues and manage team work.
- Order editor: Ecwid merchants on the Business plan do not have to install extra apps to edit orders.
- Improved search: it is possible to search orders by any parameter (date, name, order status, etc.)
- New filters: now the search filters are united in a single tab for more comfort.
- Mass update: a new ability to select all and none and update orders in bulk.
Check out my sales
New shipping page
In your Control Panel → Settings → Shipping & Pickup you can find a refreshed page that is created to better organize your shipping settings.
What’s new about it?
In-storepickup as a shipping method: adding your physical locations will let the customers choose to pick up orders from there.
- Powerful Actions tab for every carrier: fewer tabs mean simpler navigation. In this tab, you can edit, sort, and delete shipping methods.
- Improved shipping settings: simply set up your origin address to start enabling shipping carriers. You can also set up the handling fee right within the page.
- Ability to create your custom shipping methods: stay on the same page to create custom options for different shipping regions based on carrier calculations, flat rate, or order subtotal.
Bulgarian translation for Control Panel
Bulgarian merchants now can enjoy their control panel in their mother language. In order to enable it, enter your control panel with this link: https://my.ecwid.com/?lang=bg.
An important note: All Ecwid merchants can easily send feedback on translations from the Control Panel. If you feel that you can think of a better translation, please feel free to do so by clicking Language → Suggest a better translation.
Your storefront has also been improved to catch the eye of your visitors and to arouse their interest for shopping in your store.
Featured products on the homepage
You might want to better engage your customers with your homepage content by highlighting your
Now you can pick products to display on your homepage and sort them the way you need.
Here’s an example:
These products will also be displayed in the categories that you’ve assigned them to.
Read more in the post: Featured Products on Your Homepage: New Ways to Market Your Items
New Versions of Ecwid Mobile App for iOS and Android
We’ve released a new version of our Android app. It now has a dashboard with store stats and the updates from the Ecwid blog to help you get fresh
Ecwid Mobile for iOS now has support for Square readers in the US and Canada, support for PayPal Here wireless readers in the US and the UK, featuring contactless payments (including Apple Pay) in the UK.
In both Ecwid apps (for iOS and Android) you can simply scan a product’s UPC (Universal Product Code) to create an order. This tool will also let you find an order you need: scan the UPC to get the order on the screen.
Last but not least: you can now create, rename, and hide your product categories right within the app (both iOS and Android)! This is a great feature to manage your store
New Payment Methods
The more payment methods you offer to your customers, the higher the odds they’ll purchase from you. We know that, and that’s why Ecwid integrated with Square Payments and POS for Australia and PayPal Here for the UK, to help you provide seamless omnichannel selling.
Ecwid’s integration with Square Payments and POS (Australia)
Square Payments, POS, and mPOS let you set up shop anywhere, so whether you have a
At the same time, Ecwid gives you all the tools for selling online: on your website, on social sites such as Facebook, on mobile, as well as on marketplaces such as eBay and Google Shopping.
Together, Ecwid and Square work to sync your offline and online sales in real time and go truly omnichannel.
UK merchants can now sell offline effortlessly using their iPhone or iPad. No need to set up POS systems — simply use the PayPal Here app and its accompanying card reader, and you’re good to go.
Get payments wherever your customers are in three simple steps:
- Install Ecwid Mobile for iOS and upgrade to the paid plan.
- Connect to PayPal Here from the settings page in your Ecwid Mobile app.
- Get a card reader for special price and start selling!
This feature is available on paid Ecwid plans.
New Version of Ecwid Plugin for WordPress
By this time, there are more updates to the Ecwid plugin for WordPress, but we’ll tell you about those that took place this winter. For later updates, please visit wordpress.org.
Integration with WordPress search
Your website search will now find store products among other site pages and posts. It means that when your customer searches for something on your site, they will see both site content and store products in the search results and will be able to navigate directly to the product pages from there.
In order to activate this feature, enable it on the Ecwid/Advanced settings page in your WordPress backend and do not forget to click on the Synchronize products link.
New Buy Now button in the WordPress post and page editor
Now you have a useful and easy tool to place a product from your store on any page or post on your site.
Just open any post or page in your WordPress admin panel, click the Add product button in the editor, select the product you want to see on that page, and click Insert — an Ecwid Buy Now button will appear on that page after you publish the changes.
Learn more about the Buy Now button: 7 Ways to Sell With Ecwid’s Buy Now Button
New Weld Integration
Weld is a relatively new player among site builders. If you are thinking of creating a website, consider this flexible,
It uses smart objects and content blocks to help you create interactive, dynamic websites. You aren’t limited by the number of pages or
You can add Ecwid to your Weld site using the Ecwid app in the Weld library to start selling.
Learn more about this site builder’s pros and cons in our overview: How to Choose a Site Builder for Your Ecwid Store — Part II
Ecwid App Market News
This winter, Ecwid App Market reacged a milestone and hit 100+ apps. Make sure you are aware of these new apps:
- Flashy helps you convert visitors into buyers by showing your recent orders on your storefront.
- Recently Viewed Products helps to display a recently viewed products widget in the storefront.
- MartNinja allows you to promote your products in the community of merchants like you and earn quick money by promoting their products.
- Squiz Reports offers beautiful daily/weekly/monthly reports about your store performance delivered to your inbox.
- Checkout Notices adds a message on checkout pages of your storefront.
- Statiny Chatbot for FB Messenger helps to get basic order and product updates with statistics delivered straight to your Facebook Messenger.
- tpay Payment Gateway — a new Polish payment gateway.
- Worldpay Business Gateway — a new UK payment gateway.
- PayKeeper — a new payment gateway for Russian users.
- PayU Russia — another new payment gateway for Russia.
This section will be useful for developers who create customized Ecwid solutions for their clients and for Ecwid merchants who were looking for ways to create custom discounts and enable
Apply custom discounts
We added a way for developers to apply custom discounts to an order when the customer is at the checkout stage. Ecwid will be sending current cart details, and based on that information, an app can apply discounts to that cart. This opens up possibilities like:
- Buy one, get one free (BOGOF)
- Local customer discount
Limited-timediscounts and more.
Enable SEO URLs for
We have introduced a new,
See the full changelog here:
What are your thoughts about these new updates? Please leave a comment!