Ecwid Features Digest Summer 2016: New Instant Site, Automated Tax Reporting, API updates
Hello, Ecwid friends. Happy fall!
We’ve been quiet on the product update front for these past few months, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t anything exciting to talk about.
In fact, we’re delighted to bring you new Ecwid features that we’ve been busy designing to help you take your online business to the next level.
New Instant Site
As you likely know, you can add an Ecwid store to any website, no matter how or when it was built. If you don’t have a website yet, you can use the Ecwid Instant Site — a nice, mobile friendly,
This past summer, we completely refreshed the look of Instant Site and added powerful features to it:
- Professional and responsive design makes your site look great on any device.
- Customizable content blocks and images let you create a unique story: share your business story, display offline locations on a map and highlight customer testimonials.
In-contextWYSIWYG editor: view your Instant Site while making real-timeedits to it. Update the content on your site as often as you’d like. No coding is required.
The new Instant Site is free and available to all Ecwid users. Enjoy!
Read the blog post to learn how to enable your new Sarter Site today.
Create my Instant Site
Automated Tax Reporting And
Multi-state Sales Tax Management
With the recently added tax reporting automation and
- Automatically calculate and charge a precise tax rate at checkout based on where your customer and store are located. No setup is required. This feature is applicable in the U.S., EU, Canada and Australia.
- Keep tax rates and calculation rules
up-to-datewith our built-inregulations (applicable to the U.S., EU, Canada and Australia).
- New: Generate and automatically file sales tax reports (available for U.S. merchants)
- New: Calculate, collect and report sales taxes for businesses with locations in multiple states, which each have different tax rates. For now, this feature is only applicable to the U.S.
To learn more, read the following blog post.
Download the Tax Reporting App
Storefront design improvements
Retina Ready Thumbnails
We optimized the way product thumbnails display in the storefront. This enables
How to enable it in your store:
- If you signed up for Ecwid after August 2016, the feature has already been enabled in your store — no action is required.
- If you signed up for Ecwid before August of 2016, visit the What’s New section in your control panel to enable the improved thumbnails.
Enable Retina Ready Thumbnails
Improved Buy now and Checkout buttons
We are constantly working on improving the look and feel of existing and new Ecwid stores. In this update, we tweaked the look of all of our main storefront buttons. They are now clearer and visually appealing. The new buttons have already been enabled for all Ecwid users.
Color customization tool for Wix users
This is a unique update for users who run their sites on Wix. Now, it’s possible to customize the basic storefront colors under the store page settings section. No programming skills are required.
You can change the colors of background, text, links, buttons, etc. without a single CSS code. In your Wix app settings popup, navigate to the design tab, scroll to theme color picker and set the colors to best fit to the elements of your store.
Facebook Storefront Updates
New minicart and categories widgets
We updated the look of the categories menu and minicart widgets in the Ecwid Facebook storefront. The new widgets have a cleaner design and are better fit for Facebook pages, especially if your store has a lot of categories. The new widgets are have already been enabled for all Ecwid stores, so you should see them in your store.
New call to action
To improve conversion rates of Facebook online stores , we added a new feature — the Shop now button. When a merchant installs Ecwid and enables sales through their Facebook page , this new, more clear call to action will appear. We added and designed this new call to action for customers to easily find products and shop merchant store pages.
The Ecwid App Market Updates
- Checkout Questions collects additional information from customers at the checkout stage.
- Convead adds powerful analytics to your store.
- Sweepstakes sets up and runs
- Scaler retargeting brings back bounced visitors by reaching them on social networks.
- Gratisfaction provides loyalty/reward program.
- Aftership tracks shipments all in one place.
- Coupon Generator automates discount coupons management.
- Facebook Chat allows visitors to speak with you over Facebook messenger
- Promo Bar adds a call to action bar on the top of your storefront.
- Message Mate adds a Contact us widget to your store.
New Advertise your products apps collection
We added a new collection page to the Ecwid App Market — “Advertise your products” . Check it out to get some useful information on where to get started with product advertising. It also provides app recommendations so you can easily launch and automate your own ad campaigns. Check it out!
The Ecwid API updates
This is for the developers who are creating Ecwid apps or custom integration with Ecwid stores.
The Ecwid APIs now provide a very robust toolset for developers who create
- The Ecwid JS API now allows developers to easily set basic storefront colors and fonts. This includes the new Chameleon skin tool — using a single line of code, you can set up the storefront to automatically detect colors and fonts that will adjust to the site. Read more in the API Docs.
- The Ecwid JS API can start the checkout process for a customer visiting a storefront using a single function call. Use it to create your own Checkout buttons and call to actions. Learn more in the JS API docs.
- You can now generate a link, which opens an Ecwid store AND automatically adds a product to the customer’s cart when they open the link. See the API docs for more details.
REST API Updates
- Now, It’s possible to manage Ecwid’s Instant Site content using the Ecwid REST API. Learn more.
- If you are using Ecwid billing to charge users for their application, there is a new API feature that makes it easier for you to manage users’ accounts. Now, you can get the status of an app subscription using a simple GET request with the REST API. You can also get automatic app notification changes when subscription status changes by using the new subscription change webhook.
Thanks for reading!