Ecwid Features Digest Spring 2017
This spring Ecwid hit a milestone of 1.5 million registered merchants — and we’ve been working hard on delivering the best
Here are some of the latest features that we have brought to the Ecwid stores this season:
- Enhanced SEO: New
- Free SSL (security) certificates for any domain
- Ecwid Control Panel Dashboard updates
- Payments: Square + Ecwid is now available in the UK and Japan
- Updates to the Ecwid Mobile App for iOS and Android
- Ecwid updates for Wordpress, Joomla and Weebly
- New apps to connect to in the Ecwid App Market
- API updates for developers
Make sure you never miss our product updates! Subscribe to our newsletter and receive all the information right in your inbox.
SEO is a strong tool for driving traffic to your store and is a powerful resource for free promotion. Knowing that we are continuously working on SEO improvements for Ecwid stores. Earlier, we released manual
The updated Ecwid URLs are free from extra characters such as #, !, /, and are indexed higher by search engines. People can understand them better now, too.
Have a look around our demo store to get the idea of how the new URLs are working.
Learn how to enable them in this post, if you haven’t already: New Clean URLs for Every Ecwid Store: a Simple Way to a Better SEO
Free SSL certificate for any domain
Using HTTPS is becoming the norm and we recommend you to join the safe side too.
An SSL certificate is a key for encrypting your data required for using HTTPS on the website — which is a modern standard for keeping your customer data safe.
If you sell on Ecwid Starter Site, then you already have an SSL certificate by default. Since the site is essentially a subdomain of Ecwid (mysite.ecwid.com), it uses Ecwid’s SSL.
But what if you’ve linked the Starter Site to your domain (so it redirects to mysite.com and not mysite.ecwid.com)?
Now you get an SSL certificate for your custom domain as well (for free). Just follow these steps to enable it:
- Login to your Ecwid store, go to Settings → Start Page and click on the Change Address button.
- Click on the Use your domain field and follow the instructions that appear
If you your Ecwid store is built in a Wix, WordPress, Joomla, Adobe Muse or another website, your customers’ data is safe, too. Since Ecwid handles the payment, all the data is kept and processed on Ecwid’s own servers. This means that all sensitive data processing happens outside your site. Our servers are securely protected by an SSL certificate which keeps your customers’ data safe.
Ecwid Control Panel Dashboard Updates
A few months ago, we made some major changes the Ecwid Control Panel:
We aren’t stopping there. This spring, as a part of this big dashboard renovation, we updated the sales page even more, polished the order editor and refreshed the payments page. And we’re still going. Stay tuned for more updates to your Ecwid Control Panel.
In the previous features digest, we introduced the new sales page. It’s a mobile responsive, clean page with new features like mass updates and an order editor.
Now, we’ve updated it even more and added useful fields to the order list, based on your feedback.
Now every order on the list can display:
The fields are not mandatory and will not display if they’re left empty.
Make sure you’ve enabled new Sales Page in Control Panel → Settings → What’s New.
Improved order editor
If you want to edit an order, go to your Sales page and click Update order → Edit order. Now the order editor will open in a popup, not in a new window. This way, you can edit your orders more quickly and within fewer actions. Bonus: we improved the loading speed of the order editor so now it’s way faster.
New payments page
We’ve refreshed the payment settings section so it is a clean, intuitive, and
On this page, you can:
- Set up your payment options: simply choose providers from the full list by clicking the blue button at the bottom
- Enable and disable payment options with one click
- Get recommendations for payment options relevant to your region (See suggestions in the New Payment Option section.)
Control panel translated in Dutch
Ecwid merchants from Netherlands can run their stores using their mother language. To enable the translation, click Language in the bottom of your Control Panel and choose Netherlands.
As for your Ecwid storefront, it’s been already working in Dutch (and 45+ other languages) — no action required.
Payments: Square + Ecwid now in Japan and the UK
Accept credit cards online and sell offline with POS — all your orders will sync in
Ecwid and Square have already been powering happy merchants in the US, Canada, and Australia and now work in the UK and Japan too!
Learn more about this integration: Sell Anytime and Anywhere with Ecwid and Square
Mobile: New Versions of Ecwid for iOS and Android
Are you traveling this summer? Get Ecwid for iOS and Android to run your store while you are
- Add dashboard widgets and get your
real-timesales stats on the home screen
- View active discount coupons and pause them when needed
- Your product description drafts now
auto-saveso you’ll never lose your work
- Add featured products to the homepage to boost the products you want to sell most
- Create a store right on your smartphone
- Find products, sales and assign tracking codes with a barcode scanner
- Automatically mark an order as shipped with a barcode scanner
- Scan a barcode to find a sale, open an order and change its status
Ecwid on WP, Joomla, Weebly: What’s New
Here are the major updates that we have made to Ecwid on WordPress, Joomla and Weebly:
Updated URLs for SEO and enhanced canonical tags. We launched
You might be thinking, how does Google know which links to index — the old ones or new ones?
This is solved with canonical tags — a piece of code that points search engines to the link that should be treated as the exemplary one. Canonical tags help:
- Lower the number of duplicates in search results
- Index your updated URLs instead of the old ones
Faster loading storefront. The plugin now loads much quicker for your visitors and search engines.
Stay tuned for all the updates of your Ecwid plugin for WordPress in the changelog.
We’ve released v3 of the Ecwid extension with these major updates:
- Updated URLs and canonical tags on store pages (details above)
- Updated Design Settings: Now you can find all the design settings on one and the same page of your Ecwid dashboard — no need to refer to the Ecwid plugin settings. If you want the colors of your store to automatically match your website theme, you can enable this mode in your Ecwid Control Panel through Settings → Design. Be sure to read our comprehensive guide on changing your Ecwid store design, too.
- Various bug fixes and minor improvements
If you sell online with Ecwid on Weebly, it’s now easier than ever to enable Color Adaptive Mode. No need to enable it separately in the application, just go to Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → Design, click Enable Color Adaptive Mode and the colors of your store will automatically match the color theme of your website.
Learn more about changing your Ecwid store design: A Comprehensive Guide to Customizing Your Ecwid Store Design
App Market News
13 great applications are in our market and ready to enhance your store:
- Kliken Stats: get an intuitive analytics dashboard right in your Control Panel
- Social Proof by Assistantly: show that your store is crowded with customers
easy-to-uselive chat for your website
- Fomo: another social proof app that shows purchases in
real-timeand creates the impression of a crowded store
- Timer Plus: add countdown timer on your product pages to motivate your customers to buy faster
- HelpfulCrowd: show off the best reviews and ratings to earn trust
- MailChimp Subscription Popup: add a customizable email subscriber to use the power of email marketing
- Wholesale2B: import products from over 100+ drop ship suppliers to your store
- CloudSearch: show
real-timesearch suggestions to let your customers find and buy the product they want faster
- Store Decorator: customize colors, fonts, and buttons in your store
- Nextpay.ru: collect credit card payments in Russia
- ImageLock: protect your images from unwanted downloads
- Kliken Marketing: advertise on Facebook and hundreds of other top websites.
Ecwid App Market now counts 100+ apps for extending Ecwid store’s functionalities, available for Ecwid merchants on paid plans.
For Developers: API Updates
The recent changes to the Ecwid API Docs will show you how to:
- Enable enhanced URLs for SEO
- Enable canonical tags
- Get details of multiple orders in one API request
- And more
More API details and reference links are available in our changelog.