Every quarter, we publish a roundup of all the major new Ecwid features that you could have missed. From the farthest corners of your dashboard to the tips of your storefront, we’re constantly making Ecwid better to manage and to buy from.
So let’s take a tour around your Ecwid store to catch up with the updates of the last three months.
For those of you who have got a team, we have added a highly requested tool for group store management. Your employees or freelancers can get administrator access to your store from their own accounts.
That means you don’t need to share your email/password anymore to let your staff manage your store.
Your employees will get full access to your store, excluding:
- The Billing page: they won’t see your pricing plan and be able to change it, nor will they be able to delete your store.
- The Store Team page: your staff will not see each other and won’t be able to invite or delete staff members.
You can add two staff members on the Business plan, and as many as you want on the Unlimited plan. To manage your team, open Control Panel → My Profile → Staff Accounts.
To invite a person to manage your store, click Add staff member, type in the person’s email, and send an invitation. Your employee will receive it in their inbox and either register a new account (if they didn’t sign up for Ecwid before) or get access to your account in addition to their existing Ecwid store.
What if you work alone? If you are a
Improved Starter Site
The story of Ecwid Starter Site goes back to the first days of Ecwid. Back then, we created a free Starter Site to let those merchants without websites start selling online immediately — until they get their own website built.
Things change: Starter Site has become a polished
To see it in its most recent version, make sure you’re using a new Starter Site in the What’s new section of your Control Panel. If you’ve just started selling with Ecwid, this will be enabled by default.
Contact details above the fold: Customers can get in touch with you at first sight at your store. Your contact info will appear automatically in the top right corner.
A click on the phone number initiates a call without the need for any
To show contact details above the fold, fill in the info and enable the Contact Us and Location sections in Control Panel → Sales Channels → Starter Site → Edit Starter Site. Note that your business hours will display only if you have filled your store’s physical address.
Date & Time Picker for Order Pickup
Whenever you have a chance to get some sort of physical location for your online store, use it to offer
We have upgraded order pickup with a date and time picker. The tool helps restaurants and sellers of perishable products make their orders fresh by the time the customer comes to pick them up. When customers specify the exact pickup time, you know it beforehand and can ensure you are ready to serve them.
Limit pickup possibilities to your business hours to avoid unexpected midnight visitors. Also, specify order fulfillment time to give yourself enough time to get each order ready. The date and time picker will show only those options that you make available.
If you run a restaurant, setting up order fulfillment time can save your kitchen from overload. As a result, you’ll be serving as many orders as you can handle, always providing a quality customer service.
Bonus: Your customers can also type their name and phone number for
Control Panel: Constantly Improving
We always keep an eye on what can be improved in Control Panel, a tool that you use every day to run your business.
This fall, Control Panel has transformed dramatically. The changes have affected both the navigation and the look. All the sections (Sales, Reports, Catalog, etc.) are now at your fingertips, and the new design makes your Control Panel even more pleasant to work in.
List Your Products on Amazon
You know how big Amazon is, so the opportunity to get in front of those millions of people can make your knees tremble. The new Codisto: LINQ app on the Ecwid App Market can let you do just that. It deeply integrates your store with Amazon — and here’s what that means:
- You are protected from overselling because your Ecwid store and Amazon inventory stays united and synced.
- Listing your products is fast, because the app uploads product pictures, titles, prices, and variations from your Ecwid product catalog.
- You can change your prices, titles, descriptions, and return policy to adapt to Amazon requirements.
This app is available to merchants on the Business plan and higher. It has a
Learn more about Codisto: LINQ: Sell Your Products on Amazon With
More Payment Options
In addition to dozens of existing payment processors, the new Payment page in your Control Panel now lists 18 more payment integrations, including:
- Worldpay Online Payments (130+ countries)
- Coin Payments: Accept Cryptocurrencies (70+ coins, including Bitcoin and Litecoin)
- Authipay (UK)
- SEPA (European Union)
- iPay88 (Philippines).
These new payment options used to be available via the Apps tab, but now we have moved them where they belong. You can manage all your payment methods in one place. See the full list of the payment gateways from the App Market.
Partial Refunds via WePay
US, Canadian, and UK Ecwid merchants can accept debit and credit cards in their Ecwid stores and make refunds (full or partial) really fast using WePay — you don’t even need to leave your Control Panel.
A partial refund helps to reduce losses on returns in your store. If a customer ordered several products and had an issue with one of them, you can simply refund this specific item without making the customer return the whole order.
If your customer ordered only one item and something was missing or slightly broken, you could offer a partial refund that will work as a discount. In this case, your customer might want to keep the item — that’s how partial refunds save both of you time, nerves and money.
How to refund an order if you use WePay: Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → My Sales → Orders, open your order details page, click the Refund Order button. You’ll see this popup.
Choose an amount of your refund, and that’s it! Your customer will get it within
We have updated 26 storefront translations for yours to look compelling to all customers, no matter what country they are from.
Set up translations in Control Panel → Settings → General → Storefront Languages.
From now on, you’ll see Google Taxonomy (in your Control Panel → All Sales Channels → Marketplaces → Google Shopping) in the language of your Control Panel. Selling on marketplaces like Google Shopping is available for Ecwid merchants on the Business plan and higher.
If you want to switch your Control Panel to a different language, you can do it in the footer:
New in the Ecwid WordPress Shopping Cart
Notable changes to Ecwid’s online store for WordPress cover:
- A new sidebar widget — Latest products
SEO-friendlyBuy Now buttons
- Choosing a product to display on a page by default.
Ecwid for Kirby Websites
There’s now one more way to sell online with Ecwid: we are talking about Ecwid’s
If you are friends with code and want to build a beautiful
Mobile Control Panel
Ecwid’s mobile apps for iOS and Android have got some nice new features as well. Not only it is possible to view and track your store performance on the go. With the ongoing updates, our mobile apps allow you to manage and control more store sections. Eventually, you won’t have to use a computer when you need to change something in the store.
The highlights of this update:
- Manage product wholesale prices
- View, manage and add customers
- Edit product options (now on iOS, coming soon on Android)
- View, upload, and delete file attachments in orders — for example, a custom print for a mug (now on iOS, coming soon on Android).
There is a bunch of new apps to extend the functionalities of your Ecwid store.
Here are the essential ones that we would like to put in your hands:
T-Hub: integrate your Ecwid store with QuickBooks accounting.
- Codisto: LINQ: Sell your products on Amazon.
- Translatable Product and Category Descriptions: make your store more friendly to foreign customers.
- Assistantly Wheel: boost sales with gamified discounts.
- Discount Coupon Importer: import discount coupons from a CSV file.
- CoinPayments Integration: accept payments with Bitcoin, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies.
- Random Product Widget: call to your customers’ luck and show up to 10 random products, plus customize the widget placement.
- Authipay: enable a new payment method in the UK.
- Trimpo: sell on eBay USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, and other sites. (now in BETA).
For Developers: API Updates
If you have an IT guy or gal in your team, let them know about our API news.
- New Order Extra Fields API allows you to save any custom data in an order, e.g. to ask buyers How did you hear about us at checkout or save a hidden value in the order details.
- A new JS API method to open a specific page in the storefront. You can use it to improve navigation or send customers to a specific store page.
- Read and modify store terms and conditions via the Ecwid REST API.
- Webhooks for categories. Get notified of any change that a merchant makes to store categories.
- App details pages now support translated versions for different languages. It is possible to translate app details pages to all languages supported by the Ecwid Control Panel, including all the fields: app title, screenshots, descriptions, etc. If you want that for your app, please apply the translated versions on email@example.com.
We hope this digest has just made your workday better. If you like what we are doing here, take part in our referral program. Go to Control Panel and find the Refer a friend link in the left bottom corner. Share this link and earn 20% commission forever on all paid referrals.