In this article, we have tried to collect and organize in chronological order the most useful articles from our blog that will help to start and successfully manage your online store. Hope it will be useful for you.
First things first, you have to decide what product to sell and how to evaluate the potential of your idea.
Finding Your Niche
- Need Help Figuring Out What to Sell Online?
- How To Find Trending Products To Sell Online
- 10 Hot
Eco-FriendlyProduct Ideas to Sell Online
- 10 Simple Hobbies That Can Make You Money Online
- How to Evaluate Your Business Idea
- How to Work With Focus Groups to Test Your Niche or Business Idea
- How to Make and Sell Your Merchandise Online
- How To Evaluate Product Viability
- 11 Digital Product Ideas That Fit Almost Every Storefront
- 10 Trending Product Ideas and Niches
- 19 Trending Product Ideas that Require Minimal Investment
Tip: The narrower the niche, the better. You’ll need less money for advertising, you will need less content on your site, and it will be easier to compete in the market. In the future, you can figure out what products you want to add in order to expand the niche.
Сreating a business strategy
- How Much Money Do You Need to Open an Online Store?
- How To Write A Business Plan That Will Actually Get Read
- What Your Business Plan Should Look Like: Sample
- How to Create Customer Profiles for an
- Design Thinking: How to Develop a New Product that Actually Solves a Problem
- Where to Find Ideas For Your Online Store
Obtaining Your Product
- How To Find a Manufacturer for Your Product Idea
- How to Create a Product Prototype
- Where to Find a Wholesale Supplier for Your Online Store
- How to Start Your Drop Shipping Online Store
- Should You Make, Manufacture, Wholesale or Dropship Your Product?
- Checklist: How to Find the Right Supplier on AliExpress
- The Science of Contacting Suppliers When You’re Starting a Business
Tip: Do NOT rely on one supplier. Ideally, have a backup option in the form of local suppliers. If your main supplier lets you down and leaves you without a product at the wrong time, then at least you will have the chance to order from another location.
Evaluating Your Competition
- How to Analyze Competitors? 12 Questions and 9 Services
- How to Use Pinterest to Understand Your Niche
Time to Get Legal
Getting legal is another
- Registering Your eCommerce Business: LLC or Corporation?
- Tax Differences Between LLCs, C Corporations, and S Corporations
- An Online Seller’s Guide to Sales Tax and Shipping in the U.S.
- Small Business Bookkeeping and Accounting 101 for
- 25 Places to Find
Low-CostLegal Advice For Your Business
Tip: Register your business at the start (as soon as possible). The main reason is that unless you have a properly licensed and registered business, real wholesalers won’t work with you.
Setting Up Your Business
Besides finding a genuine item to offer on the web and registering your business, another difficult decision is deciding your business name, logo and picking a proper shipping strategy. These blog posts below will help you handle these critical tasks.
Naming Your Business
- Protecting the Brand: How To Register a Trademark For Your Online Store
- How to Name Your Store?
- How to Buy the Perfect Domain Name for Your Store
Making a Logo
Tip: Create a logo. This is important. People will associate it with your company and subconsciously use it to distinguish you from your competitors. An online store without a logo looks unfinished and does not convey trustworthiness.
- How to Price Your Products? A Science Backed Answer
- How to Maximize Sales Using Promotions and Special Offers
- Price Wars: What to Do If Your Competitors Reduce the Price
- How to Pick a Payment System For Your eCommerce Store
Tip: If your competitors are dropping their prices, that does not mean you should do the same. Solution 1: Arrange exclusive prices with the supplier. Solution 2: Add value, and earn on accessories and service. Solution 3: Raise your prices and monitor the results. Work with two prices and two sets of products. The first price — minimum price (for example, for
pick-up).The second cost is higher (for example, you bring the goods tomorrow at a convenient time for the buyer and provide an additional service).
Choosing a Shipping Strategy
- The Last Piece of the eCommerce Puzzle: Shipping and Fulfillment
- International Shipping: Picking a Provider & Shipping Around the Globe
- How to Get from Zero to Ship: Carriers, Rates and Strategies
- 6 Free Shipping Strategies and Their Alternatives
- An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Understanding Shipping Labels for
- Why You Should Offer
In-StorePickup (Even If You Don’t Have A Physical Store)
Tip: Be honest with your clients. If something went wrong with the shipping, products, packaging, etc., let them know. Anything can happen! If you can’t solve the problem quickly, admit it to the client. Do not be silent and do not attempt to hide it
–that will only aggravate the situation and ruin the impression you’re making. Buyers appreciate honesty.
Building Your Store
Okay, it’s time to build your own store! There are a lot of important elements like store design, product photography and descriptions.
Ways to Sell
- How to Make Ecwid’s Omnichannel Potential Work For You
- How to Create an Online Store Without a Website
- New Ecwid Instant Site: A Great Look For Your Online Store From Day One
- How to Sell on Amazon from Your Ecwid Store
- How to Sell on eBay for Beginners
- Social Commerce: How to Sell on Social Media
- How To Add an Online Store to Your Existing Website
- How To Open an Online Store on Facebook
- Sell on Instagram: How Ecwid Merchants Can Now Reach 1 Billion Shoppers
- How to Move Your Brick and Mortar Store Online: A
- Getting Started with your Online Store app collection from the Ecwid App Market
Tip: If you don’t have a website yet, nor time to create it
–that’s nothing to worry about. A one-pagewebsite with an integrated online store will do the trick. Try the Ecwid Instant site, or site builders like Wix, Tilda, SpaceCraft, etc. Templates are fine to start with because you can start in a day without much effort. The only thing you have to worry about is filling your store with the right products.
Create my online store
- Introducing Ecwid Instant Site With Ready Themes and 99+ Design Options
- Ecwid Design Settings: Dozens of Customization Options, No Coding
- Is Your
E-commerceBusiness Making One Of These 10 Design Mistakes?
- How to Quickly Design and Customize Your WordPress Website
- Tips to Make Your Products More Attractive
- 15 Perfect Font Pairings for Your
- Product Page Setup: 17 Tips to Increase Conversion Rate and Drive More Sales
Filling Up Descriptions and Photos
E-Commercefor Beginners: Product Photography Mistakes That May Cost You Sales
- How to Write Awesome Product Descriptions That Sell
E-commerceCopy Mistakes And How To Fix Them
- Simple Product Photography Tips to Beautifully Showcase on Your Store
- How to Design Product Category Pictures That Your Customers Can’t Resist to Click
- How to Optimize Product Images:
Step-By-StepInstructions and An Overview of Services
- How to Make a Good Background in Pictures of Your Products Without Using Photoshop
- How to Create Cinemagraphs for Product Pictures With Your Smartphone
- The Beginner’s Guide to 360º Product Photography
Before You Go Live
- Online Store KPI: What It Is and How It Works
- Set Up Google Analytics
- How To Build the Best Mailing List Possible
- Opening Day Checklist: What To Do Before Launching Your
Online Store Working
Below we have included a rundown of our best blog posts to help you create beautiful product pages, manage your store, set up analytics for better understanding of your business.
- How to Master Your Product Options to Make Checkout Faster
- Online Merchandising: How to Layout Your Products
- Five Awesome Ecwid Hacks You Need to Know About
- 5 More Ecwid Hacks You Need to Know
- Easy Tips for Using Product Reviews to Promote Your Store
- 7 Creative Ideas for Your
- 9 Steps to a High Converting Product Page
- Staff Accounts: Give Your Team Administrator Access to Your Store
- Keep Your Customer: How to Fix Your Store’s Navigation
- How to Write an About Us Page if You’re Not a Copywriter
- How to Choose Customer Service Channels for Your Business
- How to Use Facebook Messenger For Business: Six Essential Tactics
- The Art of Positive Communication in Customer Service
- How to Write a Good Return Policy for
- Why You Need a FAQ Page and How to Create It
- Top Reasons for Returns and How to Minimize Them in Your Online Store
Tip: Your customer — your wealth. Love and appreciate them, solve their problems, do a little bit more than promised. Any manifestation of your kindness will return to you a hundredfold, as well as positively influence your income.
- Online Store Analytics: Managing Reports and Sales Stats in Ecwid
- The Beginner’s Guide To Google Analytics For
- How to Add Google Analytics to Your Online Store
- How to Set Up Daily
E-CommerceReports in Google Analytics
Tip: Whatever promotional methods you use, the most important thing is to evaluate their effectiveness. Ideally, you should know: 1) whether your advertising is paying off; 2) how much you spend on advertising; 3) what sources provide the most traffic; 4) how to assess user behavior on your website; 5) how much you have earned.
Driving first visitors
Like any business, the first few months you have a store are important, and in particular getting customers to visit your store is vital. Promoting your online store doesn’t have to be complicated. Check out our tips on some basic online marketing methods to
- 30 Ways to Make Your First Sale Online
- 7 Steps to Attracting Shoppers to Your New Online Store
- 10 Actionable Ways to Increase Your
- The Importance of a Blog and How to Start One for Your Store
- 10 Tips to Increase the Conversion Rate of Your Online Store
- Affiliate Marketing: A Valuable Strategy To Make Money Online
- Publicity on a Budget
- Art Shows and Craft Fairs: How to Effectively Sell Your Products
- Intro to Advertising: Where to Begin When You’re a Beginner
- Facebook & Google Retargeting: How to Turn Your Visitors into Customers
- Facebook Pixel Strategies to Help You Run More Targeted Ads
- How to Promote Your Brand Outside of Social Media
- How UTM Tags Help Analyzing Your Online Shop’s Traffic
- 10 Quick Tips For Effective Mobile Ads
- Sell on Snapchat with the Snapchat Pixel for Ecwid
- Run More Effective Ads With Pinterest Tag for Your Ecwid Store
- Google Shopping: Now Fully Automated and Optimized With Ecwid
- 5 Google AdWord Tips Every Small Business Owner Can Use
- The Anatomy of Facebook Ads: How to Increase Traffic for $3
- How to Build Killer Keywords Lists for AdWords
- Checklist: Is Your
E-CommerceStore Ready for Paid Ads?
- How To Write A Welcome Email That Sells
- How to Send Trigger Emails That Keep Customers Coming Back
- How to Increase Your Revenue With Newsletter Segmentation
- How to Use Targeted Popups to Grow Email List and Revenue
- Abandoned Cart Recovery for Ecwid Stores: Bring Customers Back With Automated Emails
Begin to collect your customers’ email addresses from day one. Add a subscription form to your website, and send emails about promotions, products, and new arrivals.
Social Media Marketing
- Designing and Executing Social Media Marketing Strategy That Works Best
- How to Grow a Business on Facebook for Free: Understanding Facebook Organic Reach
- 5 Easy Steps to Organize your Instagram Profile for Business
- Make Facebook Work for Your Small Business
- What to Post on Facebook: 20 Post Ideas for Your Facebook Business Page
- How to Run More Effective Ads With Facebook Pixel in Your Online Store
- Facebook Video on a Budget: Create and Run Ads in No Time
- How to Use Facebook Messenger For Business: Six Essential Tactics
- How to Become
Instagram-FamousIn an Algorithm-basedFeed
- How To Use Instagram Stories For Business
- How To Use Twitter Effectively For Marketing Your eCommerce Business
- Top Pinterest Tools to Boost Your Business
- How to Sell Using YouTube
- Creative and
Low-BudgetWays to Use WhatsApp, Kik and Telegram For Business
- 7 Powerful Ways to Market Your Store on Quora (without a Budget)
Tip: Do not chase all the rabbits at the same time. Choose one or two platforms, and focus on them. Manage your pages efficiently.
E-CommerceGuide to SEO
- Manual Meta Tags: a Simple Way to a Better SEO Now In Your Store
- How to Get Your Local Online Store to Rank Higher in Search Engines
E-CommerceSEO: How to Get Free Backlinks for Your Online Store
You need every advantage you can get to achieve your dreams of running your own online business. Ecwid