It was a big year for Ecwid
From new integrated ways to sell online and incredible partner acquisitions, to a new office for enhanced customer support and a completely revamped storefront, the last 365 days have been huge for the Ecwid community.
Whether you’re an Ecwid veteran or new to the crew, we’re glad you joined us. In the spirit of
Mobile-Ready Native Facebook and Instagram Stores
With two billion active users on Facebook and another billion on Instagram, social selling is quickly becoming the next big thing in
With an Ecwid account, you can automatically upload (and sync) your product catalog to the
Our tools make it easy to convert Facebook and Instagram followers into paying customers by enabling users to purchase your products directly from their favorite platforms.
Read more about these releases:
- Sell on Facebook With Ecwid’s New Social Selling Tools
- Sell on Instagram: How Ecwid Merchants Can Reach 1 Billion Shoppers
Marketing Automation Tools for Small Business
Like many small business owners, it’s easy to feel intimidated by the sheer breadth of digital marketing tools and techniques at your disposal. Here at Ecwid, we work hard to make digital advertising approachable for our merchants — from
In 2018, we implemented new marketing automation integrations for two of the largest PPC advertising platforms on the planet — Google and Facebook. In just a few short clicks, you’ll have tailored ads appearing in Google search results as well as feeds across Instagram and Facebook. Just decide which products you want to advertise and how much you want to spend, and our automated tools will do the rest. Find these and more available from the comfort of your cozy Ecwid Control panel.
One big fear for new advertisers is the possibility of wasting money on ads that won’t perform. With Ecwid marketing automation, our artificial intelligence keeps an eye on your ad performance 24/7, carefully placing bids to ensure only the most effective ads are displayed — so you always get the most bang for your buck.
And be sure to check out other Ecwid automated marketing features like Abandoned Carts Recovery Emails to recapture shoppers who failed to complete a purchase. Ecwid users who send
Selling on Marketplaces: Amazon and eBay
Amazon accounts for roughly 50% of all
The same goes for eBay: integrate your product catalog directly to the granddaddy of marketplaces and make your products available to eBay’s millions of active buyers. Automatically publish new products, update inventory and sync sales with eBay acting as an additional storefront seamlessly integrating with your online shop.
A Reinforced Ecwid
E-commerce Instant Site
Ecwid is the only online
Here’s what 2018 brought to Ecwid Instant Sites:
- Improved SEO for Google: faster and more accurate indexation helps businesses appear on Google search results for relevant keywords, resulting in improved organic traffic.
Mobile-friendlyeditor: making changes to a Instant Site’s content is simple and comfortable on any device, from the web or in the Ecwid Mobile app.
- Storefront design blended into the Instant Site editor: play with rich store design options on a single Control Panel page with a live preview.
Anti-DDoSprotection and dramatically improved performance: Instant Sites have additional protection from DDoS attacks and traffic spikes.
Every Instant Site comes fully outfitted with the
Next-Gen Ecwid Storefront
The look and feel of an online store influences the shopping experience, which ultimately influences the purchase decision. That’s why we’ve completely redesigned Ecwid’s appearance to look and perform better for your customers, from essential functions (like our new product grid) to the finishing touches (like storefront notifications).
Four major storefront improvements include:
- Flexible product grid design options: align Ecwid to your brand and elevate your products by changing the storefront grid layout, the size and ratio of your images and the way your product info appears on the page.
- Product page layout options: control what’s displayed on your product pages and format the information displayed to better communicate product details to your audience.
- Customizable shopping bag icon: provide your customers with easy access to their carts from any store page and add customization for improved visibility and better coordination with your website design.
One-pagecheckout: close more sales with a completely reimagined Ecwid checkout page. New autofill options and an improved user experience make navigating checkout steps and filling out forms faster and simpler than ever before.
Each of these features has been automatically enabled for new Ecwid stores. If you’ve been with us for a while and don’t see these changes in your store, please manually switch to New and Improved Shopping Cart and Checkout Pages,
Control Panel Updates
If your store’s active, you probably log in to the Control Panel quite a bit. So of course, it’s important to us to make that experience as enjoyable as possible. And we’re happy to say that 2018 did not disappoint.
Some of the Control panel improvements:
Mobile-friendlycatalog, orders, shipping, payments, edit Instant Site, Google Shopping and other sections allow you to set up your store conveniently on the go, whenever you need it and from any device.
- Improved order filters: use our refreshed filters or create your own custom sets.
- Bulk image upload: upload product images in bulk, fast and easy.
- Dashboard: the info on your Dashboard has been sorted more conveniently, from urgent
to-dosto less frequently used info.
- The All Sales Channels page: Never miss an opportunity to grow your business with all your sales channels on a single page.
We’ve partnered with new reliable and secure payment providers while also enhancing some of our already popular existing integrations, to ensure your Ecwid store offers the transaction options you need:
- Improved integration with Square, including Square POS for restaurants.
- Integration with Paypal Smart Buttons: dynamically present the appropriate payment options (ex. PayPal Credit, Venmo and others) to give your customers options to pay based on your specific configuration and a buyer’s location and cookies.
- Over 10 new payment integrations for a total of 70+ supported payment options.
On Android, you can upload and edit
The iOS app offers the same rich features you’ll find on Android, but it’s also been modified according to the Apple Mobility Program to support modern iOS features like Accessibility Options for people with disabilities.
Compatibility With Website Builders
Our shopping cart can be embedded in almost any website regardless of the platform you’re using: check out the full list of supported site builders and note that you can also add Ecwid to a custom built website by
We’ve updated our popular plugins and apps so that you can use it seamlessly with your site builder.
On WordPress: Ecwid dashboard menu is now a part of the WordPress admin menu which makes managing your
Ecwid stores on Wix got new modern app interface, rich store design options that can be set up right inside Wix, better SEO and dramatically improved performance — up to 10x faster load speed.
New Heights in Customer Support
Small businesses may face various struggles on their way to success, so Customer Care has always been our top priority. We love helping you and seeing your stores grow, and continuously improve our service.
You might have noticed a completely redesigned Knowledge Base where we’ve added and updated 400 articles and developed a new search box to make it easy for you to discover them.
If you prefer to learn in the video format, enjoy 34 updated Ecwid training videos to get from introduction to the product to more
Yet, sometimes you may still need a real conversation with our support team — and we are happy that so many of you tell us you love it! That’s why we’ve launched a new office in Vladivostok to enable fully
And we’re not gonna stop there.
E-commerce Resources and Inspiration
There are 585 articles in the Ecwid blog right now, and in 2018, our blog team wrote almost a hundred new
We’ve also launched an
With all that being said, here’s our resolution for 2019: we strive to become the best
Happy selling in 2019!