What does that mean for you?
It means that you have less than a second to tell your customers that you have a beautiful online store that’s worth browsing and, eventually, buying from. Sounds like a daunting task, no? But you’re in luck: there’s an Ecwid approved shortcut! Choose the right
What Is an
A template for an
Beside being a
How to Choose an
E-commerce Template for Your Site
When choosing an
- Is it optimized for mobile?
- Does it have a visually appealing, clean design?
- Is it easy to navigate?
- Does it load quickly? (Check on different devices.)
- Does it provide a straightforward checkout process?
- Do the product pages present your products in the best way?
- Is it easy to customize?
Ticked all the boxes? You’ve got yourself a theme for your site!
Store size, niche, and budget are important things to consider when choosing an
70+ Design Themes for Your
By now, you might be wondering: Does Ecwid have website templates? We sure do!
If you’re looking for a free website with
You can change the themes as often as you want. Plus, all the themes are fully customizable: you can change texts, fonts, Call to Action buttons, images, colors, and layouts.
All of Ecwid’s themes match the requirements for shopping cart website templates we’ve listed above, so you have everything you need to start an online store, guaranteed.
e-commerce website examples?
Ecwid’s themes are crafted with a variety of stores and services in mind, so that you can find the look that suits your business the best. Let’s have a closer look at some examples of Ecwid design themes.
Want more themes? Go to the Website page, click Edit Site, and click Themes.
Tips for Designing Your Ecwid Store
You’ve already chosen the perfect theme, but still feel like something is missing? Not a problem! You can adjust each theme to better suit your brand. Here’s a couple of ideas for finding that signature look for your Ecwid website.
eye-catching cover image or video
A picture says a thousand words, so make sure your message is loud and clear:
- Showcase your products, share a picture of your
brick-and-mortarstore or the team behind your brand
high-qualityimages only. Say no to blurry pictures with poor lighting!
- Choose images that are at least 1400х1050px for the best fit.
If you don’t have your own pictures yet, no problem — choose from thousands of free stock images right in the editor:
Want to wow your customers with a video the moment they land on your site? In the same Background options section click Video. Paste a link to a YouTube or Vimeo video that you want to use as a background. Be aware of copyrights if you’re using someone else’s video.
You can find more tips for designing your cover in this blog post.
Use flattering typography
Besides providing information, texts on your website serve another purpose. They help deliver your brand message. Thoughtful typography can give off a message of affordability, relatability or any thing else you want to convey. It’s a subtle art, but one worth learning.
Follow these simple practices to accent your brand voice in type:
- Experiment with contrasts: for example — use bold and cursive fonts, or tall and short ones
- Combine serif and
san-seriffonts for readability
- Use different fonts or sizes for your headline and body text
- Stick to
2-3fonts to avoid a cluttered look.
To choose fonts for your cover, open the Website page and click Edit Site. Then go to Headline & Cover Image → Typography. There you’ll be able to set up fonts for your headline, description, and
Pay attention to category images
If you have several product categories in your store, pay attention to the way you present them. Categories are an important part of successful store navigation.
Keep these point in mind when choosing and setting up category pictures:
- Use large images to represents your products in the best way
- Keep proportions balanced to avoid a messy look
- Use the same perspective, background, and light for all category pictures
- Avoid abstract category images. Stick to pictures that have direct meaning to your categories, but that are distinguishable from one another.
You can unfold categories and display products from these categories right on the storefront page. This layout works great for:
- cafes and restaurants (it gives off a
- online stores with small catalogs where customers can see all your products at once.
By the way, you can also hide category images across your store. This way, only category names are displayed.
E-commerce Template Today
Creating a beautiful