Ecwid.com may contain links to third-party websites. Ecwid is not responsible for the information practices or the content of such third-party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party websites to understand their information practices.
Ecwid complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Ecwid has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Ecwid will inform an individual of the purpose for which it collects and uses information and the types of non-agent third parties to which Ecwid discloses or may disclose the information.
Information We Collect
Ecwid offers a variety of products and services that are together referred to as “the Products and Services.” If you choose to use the Products or Services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, and other personal information as indicated on our user interfaces, including on Ecwid.com. Once you register on Ecwid.com, you are no longer anonymous to us.
We collect and store the following information:
- Information you give us, including, contact information, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, email address, and financial information;
- automatic information, such as computer sign-on data, browser type, browser language, statistics on page views, traffic to and from our user interfaces and ad data. Like many websites, we use identifiers such as “cookies” and Web beacons to obtain this automatic information.
- discussion board posts and other messages, including your correspondence with us. Our communications will include notices about your account (for example, change in password or payment method, confirmation e-mails and other transactional information) and information concerning or related to our service. These communications are part of your relationship with Ecwid and you receive them as part of the Ecwid membership. If you or your store’s customers do not want to receive our emailed newsletters, other promotional announcements or non-transactional communications, simply use your account name and password to access the control panel on Ecwid.com and disable any email notifications sent to you or your customers. Email notifications sent by Ecwid’s community forums can be adjusted or disabled via the community forums control panel. For members subscribing to notifications about the availability of specific partner programs at http://www.ecwid.com/partners-program.html, we include instructions to unsubscribe in the body of the email notifications; and
- general information regarding the Products or Services that you have registered to receive; and
- information from third-party providers and services to help Ecwid provide our Products and Services and to help us understand the use of our Products and Services..
We do not store the following information in the regular course of our business:
- credit card information and billing addresses.
Our Use of Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- provide and improve our Products and Services;
- resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- verify users’ identity and the information users provide;
- encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- customize users’ experience, analyze site usage, improve and measure interest in our services, and inform users about services and updates;
- communicate administrative announcements when we need to provide users with information that may affect their use of Products or Services;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers and events to our users;
- provide customer service; and
- perform other business activities as described when we collect the information.
As part of your registration on our Website to use the Products or Services, our Website, you agree that you may receive certain administrative communications from us, such as administrative announcements and customer service messages regarding Products or Services and products during the period that we provide Products or Services to you. You may not opt out of receiving such administrative communications.
Ecwid’s user interfaces use credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective customers and to collect payment for the Products and Services.
Our website also uses automatic information obtained through cookies and Web beacons to operate and improve. We may also use automatic information alone or in combination with personal information about our customers to provide personalized information about Ecwid.com
Ecwid does not use personal information for marketing its services, either through email or direct mailing. Ecwid may send some non-marketing communications that are not subject to general opt-out, such as information that you request we send to you or to third parties with whom you do business, and disclosures to comply with legal requirements and other informational notices.
Our newsletter is used as a general means of communication and may include updates to our services as well as new partner agreements. You have the option to unsubscribe to our newsletter at anytime. If we intend to use your information for a purpose that is not compatible with these purposes or if we intend to disclose it to a type of third party not previously identified, we will notify you and offer you the opportunity to opt out of such uses and/or disclosures.
Ecwid will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their information is to be disclosed to a third party or to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual should the occasion arise.
We use identifiers such as cookies, Web beacons and IP addresses to make interactions with users easy and meaningful.
When you visit Ecwid.com, Ecwid’s servers send a cookie to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not identify you. They merely recognize your Web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Ecwid, either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, or filling out a Web form, you remain anonymous to Ecwid.
If you have identified yourself to Ecwid.com, we use session cookies containing encrypted information to identify you uniquely. Each time you log into the Products and Services, your browser saves a session cookie containing an encrypted, unique identifier tied to your account. These session cookies allow Ecwid.com to identify you uniquely while you are logged into the Products and Services and to process your online transactions and requests. Use of the Products and Services requires session cookies.
Ecwid.com uses persistent cookies that only we can read and use to identify users who have visited our website previously. When you purchase the Products and Services or provide us with personal information, our website assigns a unique identifier to you. This unique identifier derives from a persistent cookie that Ecwid.com places on your Web browser. We especially are careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we store neither account numbers nor passwords in persistent cookies. If you disable your Web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you will be able to navigate Ecwid.com, but you will be unable to use the Products and Services successfully.
We may use information from session and persistent cookies in combination with data about Ecwid’s website users to provide you with information about us and the Products and Services.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies. You also can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on, however, because they allow you to take advantage of some of Ecwid’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you won’t be able to access or use your account at my.ecwid.com or to enter comments and questions on our community forums. You will be able to browse Ecwid.com, to use our knowledge base (kb.ecwid.com), and to read community forums.
We use Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about usage of Ecwid.com and user interaction with emails from Ecwid.com. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the Web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the Web beacon. For example, we may place Web beacons in marketing emails that notify Ecwid.com when you click on a link in the email that directs you to Ecwid.com. Ecwid uses Web beacons to operate and improve Ecwid.com and email communications.
Ecwid may use information from Web beacons in combination with data about users to provide you with information about Ecwid.com and the Products and Services.
We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom Ecwid partners to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data, and how it is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
When you visit Ecwid.com, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, we use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate Ecwid.com.
We also collect your IP address when you log into our Products and Services as part of our security features.
Third Party Cookies
We occasionally engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from users of Ecwid’s user interfaces, including our website, Ecwid.com. We also may use other third-party cookies to track the performance of our advertisements. The information provided to third parties includes no personal information, but this information may be re-associated with personal information after we receive it.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
- service providers who support our business operations and assist in delivering our Products or Services to our users (these service providers are under confidentiality agreements with us; and
- law enforcement or other government officials in order to investigate, prevent, or counteract illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of law, or as otherwise required by law.
Public Forums, Affiliate Referral, and Customer Testimonials
Ecwid.com may include community forums, blogs, or chat rooms. Any other visitors to these forums may read, collect, or use the personal information you choose to disclose there, and may use it to send you unsolicited messages. Ecwid is not responsible for the privacy of information you choose to disclose in these forums.
Users may elect to use our affiliate referral program to inform friends about Ecwid. We request the name and email address of each referred friend. Ecwid will send a one-time automatic email to the friend inviting him or her to visit our user interfaces. For further information about our affiliate referral program, please see http://www.ecwid.com/affiliate-program.html. The agreement governing our affiliate referral program may be found at http://ecwid.zferral.com/.
Ecwid posts a list of users and testimonials on our user interfaces, including on our website, Ecwid.com that contain information such as user names and titles. We obtain the consent of each user prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
If you are registered to receive our Products or Services, you can access, review and modify your personal information at any time by logging into your Profile page located at https://my.ecwid.com.
We may delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described earlier. We may retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies, and prevent the recurrence of fraud or other illegal or improper activity.
To prevent unauthorized access, promote data security, and encourage appropriate use of information, we use a variety of tools, such as encryption technologies, passwords, physical and electronic security, or procedural safeguards to assist in the protection of your information. No security on the Internet is absolute, however, so we are unable to guarantee the security of any information that you share with us.
Ecwid has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Ecwid, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, or issue a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your correspondence to: Ecwid Privacy, 144 West D Street, Suite 103, Encinitas, California 92024, USA.
Effective date of this policy: February 1, 2014