Old 03-28-2013, 09:35 AM

Hey,
is there a plugin available for login with social sites like facebook, twitter along with ecwid login for Joomla 2.5.

Thanks

i just wanted to know that if i upgrade my account, will ECWID Single Sign-On plugin work with joomla 2.5.

Last edited by Makfruit; 04-04-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan Ziya View Post
Hey,
is there a plugin available for login with social sites like facebook, twitter along with ecwid login for Joomla 2.5.

Thanks

i just wanted to know that if i upgrade my account, will ECWID Single Sign-On plugin work with joomla 2.5.
Hi,

You can find the information about our Joomla plugin here:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853297/Joomla

In particular, the most recent version of plugin provides great SEO features for paid Ecwid accounts:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17381

As to Single Sign On module, our Joomla plugin doesn't include it yet unfortunately. We plan to implement it in one of the future versions. Please vote for this idea in order to be notified when we release it:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...

In the meantime, you can consider creating a custom solution on your site using the recommendations given in this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/43883623/...

Also, there is a third party solution developed by one of Ecwid users:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7297

UDPATED: Single Sign On is now available in a new version of Ecwid official Joomla extension (v2.1). More details: Ecwid Joomla extension v.2.1

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Last edited by Matt K; 04-28-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 PM

Default Ecwid & Joomla - Single Sign On (sso) ?

Is this possible? It seems really annoying to have people creating two accounts on my site. I have found posts dating back several years requesting this but haven't found anything being done. I have another two weeks before my site goes live and am considering jumping ship over this. Hopefully someone has a solution. I am using Joomla 3 by the way. Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmantis For This Useful Post:
Christian Matthias (08-13-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 12:48 AM

I don't know anything about SSO but have you checked: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/43883623/...
The Following User Says Thank You to smoothsailingco.com For This Useful Post:
Matt K (08-07-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kerachsky View Post
Is this possible? It seems really annoying to have people creating two accounts on my site. I have found posts dating back several years requesting this but haven't found anything being done. I have another two weeks before my site goes live and am considering jumping ship over this. Hopefully someone has a solution. I am using Joomla 3 by the way. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 08-07-2013, 04:06 PM

So I guess the answer is no?
The Following User Says Thank You to cmantis For This Useful Post:
Christian Matthias (08-13-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmantis View Post
So I guess the answer is no?
Why? The answer is yes - it is possible to install Single Sign On module for Ecwid on Joomla. The post I referred to describes how you can do that:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...

Single Sign On is currently not a built-in feature of our RokEcwid plugin for Joomla though (it will be in the future), but still it is possible to add it as I said above.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 08-13-2013, 05:31 AM

Thumbs up

But hold on a second makfruit you are not explaining the limitations of the plugin.

I want to be productive as I am trying to build this plugin currently and correctly.

Flow of SSO.

PLEASE MAKFRUIT will you answer these questions.

Is it possible with the API to do the following:

1. User signs on with Ecwid only >>> Is that information (customer Name Email Password ETC) accessible based on the current API from ECWID?

2. The User signs onto the site and will be automatically signon on with Ecwid if they need to log in.... <<< this seems obvious to be a yes

2A. If the user is logged on generated from the site will they have access to the original Ecwid "My Account" information which is there currently - after they have made a purchase? Will that access be the same so they can look at orders and other information regarding purchases like downloads?

3. Are there direct links so that I can embed them into signon Modules that will link to "My Account" pages if they have made a purchase with Ecwid... meaning the link won't show unless there is some call to Ecwid API saying this person has an account

This information is valuable on how I develop this plugin. Thank you.

Last edited by Makfruit; 08-14-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Please find my comments below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Matthias View Post
1. User signs on with Ecwid only >>> Is that information (customer Name Email Password ETC) accessible based on the current API from ECWID?
The SSO API is designed to work in this direction:
Your site user autorization => Ecwid user authorization

It is not expected to work in the reverse way. So, when using SSO, if a customer log in to your site, they will be automatically logged in to your store. But if they had been registered in your store before they visited your site, their existing profile would not be automatically synced with your site.

Quote:
2. The User signs onto the site and will be automatically signon on with Ecwid if they need to log in.... <<< this seems obvious to be a yes
Yes.

Quote:
2A. If the user is logged on generated from the site will they have access to the original Ecwid "My Account" information which is there currently - after they have made a purchase? Will that access be the same so they can look at orders and other information regarding purchases like downloads?
Yes, they will see the same functionality a regular registered customer sees in your store. They should be able to see their orders and download links. Please see the first few pages of this thread for the details:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7297

Quote:
3. Are there direct links so that I can embed them into signon Modules that will link to "My Account" pages if they have made a purchase with Ecwid... meaning the link won't show unless there is some call to Ecwid API saying this person has an account
I am not sure I understand this question. Regardless of the site your Ecwid store page have unique URLs which can be used in such links. You can simply use them. Please clarify.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 08-15-2013, 06:16 AM

then what is this person talking about when they say this - from on that forum thread?

the other issues are...

Customer comes to site...
Customer logs into joomla site
Navigates to joomla ecwid shop, buys something then clicks check out.

1. The customer has no account area
A. cannot add or change address
B. cannot view orders made

Although the plug-in does what it says it does and does it very well...
It creates more problems for me...