Old 04-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Default Trying to add search box in Wix website.

I am trying to add the search box widget to other pages of my website that do not contain my product browser.
I have input the code:

<script>
var ecwid_ProductBrowserURL = "http://www.example.com/store.html";
</script>

with my store info in the appropriate field.

I want it so this happens: he/she will be redirected to the page where the product browser is installed and then the necessary actions will be performed.

However it has done two things for me:
1) still opens up in the same page in a tiny area I have reserved for the search box ONLY so the results are not visible
2) it redirects to the main page of my website and not the product browser page, even though the url was to my store

Last edited by Malika Kromwell; 04-24-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Ecwid Team

We are very sorry to inform you that WIX Platform has a number of technical limitations to the process of embedding 3rd party widgets like Ecwid product browser and its satellite widgets. Due to these limitations the widgets situated in different parts of the site will behave separately, each of them will work as if it was alone on the page. This still allows for buying through Ecwid on your site, but advanced things are not always available.

The proven way to correctly setup for a few Ecwid widgets on a WIX-based website is to have them in the same HTML snippet in the editor. For example the page where product browser, minicart, search field and categories menu are situated in one HTML snippet next to each other will work as expected.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 PM

how set up a search box for my website so that a customer can check whether the product is there on the store or not.
A search box for my Products.