Old 11-11-2010, 07:13 PM

Default Downloads always have wrong file names

Hi,

I want to sell several downloadable products with Ecwid. When I upload everything to the Control Panel all the files look perfect, with the correct names and file extensions. But when they are purchased and downloaded the file name (and order) are completely changed. This is especially troubling since I have a CD (with multiple tracks) for sale and when they are downloaded the customer has no idea what the order of the tracks should be.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,
Audrey

PS Here is an example of a downloaded file name: =?UTF-8?B?MDcgRW5kIFNvbmcubXAz?=
Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 PM

Are you seeing that just in the emails or in the order history page? Have you tried clicking on the links?

I haven't gotten around to adding downloads to my store yet (still working on the shipping methods), but IIRC most download delivery mechanisms provide encrypted or scrambled links that hide the real location of the file, so you'll see a gibberish string for the link...BUT when you click on it, it should prompt you to save the file with your original filename intact. Have you tried that yet?

-Mel
Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 PM

I have downloaded the files and clicked on them, but at no time am I prompted to save the file with the original filename intact. In fact, there isn't even an extension to the file. In order to get an mp3 to play in itunes I have to manually add the extension.

Thanks,
Audrey
Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM

I just ran a quick test with a download of my own, and what you're seeing doesn't seem to be normal behavior at all.

Have you tried zipping up the track files? From my testing, it seems that ZIP files work great.

-Mel
Old 11-11-2010, 07:58 PM

Zipping it did the trick!! Thank you so much!

Audrey

PS Is there something I need to do to close this thread?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 PM

Glad to be of help! I'm new to Ecwid, but I've been selling downloads for 7 years now, so that sort of issue was familiar territory for me.

I think only mods can lock threads--I'm sure Eugene or another mod will come along and do it for you presently.

-Mel
Old 11-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Ecwid Team

Glad to hear that you’ve found a workaround. However, please submit this problem to our bug-tracker, we need to investigate and fix it.

We will need the following information

1. The exact version of your browser.
2. Any file which causes such a problem.

Thank you in advance!

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base

Tags
download, incorrect file name, music