Old 11-21-2010, 09:55 PM

Here is the correct link about me.
http://3dhistory.de/html_e/hauptfram...
Old 11-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
But as said ecwid looked nice at the beginning but now I see many problems knocking on my door. And I am playing with this tool just for a view days.
Each store owner has his/her own workflow and the list of requirements, so no shopping cart can match all the possible requirements out of the box. That's why we're working hard
on making Ecwid even better to suit any needs you may have : -)

Quote:
Thanks again for your tip! I have checked it out and discovered another problem. Each time somebody uses this Free Payment method I have to confirm the 0 EUR payment! I want to offer some high value 3D models and post this offer on some high traffic sites. This checking and confirming could easily ruin my day. But if I don't check this 0 EUR payments people will use this method to get hand on the non free stuff.

1. All the orders, placed via so called "offline" payment methods, get the "Queued" status. This status means that you haven't got money for these orders yet.

If an order has the "Queued" status, Ecwid will not send a link to an e-good. The links are sent with the "Accepted" status only. I think this is right too, because a customer should get a file only when he/she pays for it.

2. However this workflow doesn't work good when the order total is zero and you want to give away some files for free. That's why we're planning to add a feature, which will allow to :

- simplify the checkout process, when the order total is zero. I.e. it will not be necessary to choose payment method in this case
- also we will add a new option, which will allow to switch all the free orders to the "accepted" status automatically, no manual work will be required.

This change is already in our road-map.

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-22-2010, 04:24 PM

Thanks Eugene,

can you give me a forecast when this functions will be worked in?

Best
Thomas
www.3dhistory.de
Old 11-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas schmid View Post
Thanks Eugene,

can you give me a forecast when this functions will be worked in?

Best
Thomas
www.3dhistory.de
Thomas,

Unfortunately there is no exact ETA yet. This feature is on top of our roadmap though.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:40 PM

Default Free egoods via catalog system with discount coupons

I have egoods that have a price. I also offer these same egoods to specific customers for no cost via a discount coupon. As I understand it
* Paypal doesn't allow a checkout if order total is zero.
* ECWID team is working on feature "simplify the checkout process, when the order total is zero. I.e. it will not be necessary to choose payment method in this case"

In the mean time, are there any recommended solutions in ECWID to offer cataloged egoods for free? I suspect not but just want to insure I did not miss something.

Thanks again,
John Blue
Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM

Default Options for free egoods to special customers

Just thought of a way to offer free egoods to special customers.

The store owner purchases the egoods first. This provides the store owner with the egoods link that then can be sent to the special customer.

This works well for
* limited number of special customers.
* the special customer is someone with which you have already setup an agreement around the egoods.

This does not works well for
* general free coupons made available to a large user population.

Things to take in to account
* Special customers' egoods requests may need to be tracked outside the normal store purchasing process.
* The flow of dollars for the store owner to pay for the goodfs from their own store would need to be thought through. Small organizations would be able to handle this. Larger organizations with accounting departments might have a problem with the approach, only from a purist accounting point of view.
* If the link download limits are not the same across all products then some product / catalog juggling may have to occur.

========
An example use case :
An author offers an educational training guide as an egood for $9.99. For a set, prearranged fee, a special customer would like the author to speak and also have 15 copies of the training guide. The author and customer make an arrangement of fees outside the store's perview, to account for the speaking engagement and the 15 egood copies of the training guide.

The author would "buy" the book off her store, receive egoods link via email and send that link on to the customer as part of the speaking arrangement.
========

Thoughts on this approach appreciated,

John
Old 12-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK View Post
I have egoods that have a price. I also offer these same egoods to specific customers for no cost via a discount coupon. As I understand it
* Paypal doesn't allow a checkout if order total is zero.
* ECWID team is working on feature "simplify the checkout process, when the order total is zero. I.e. it will not be necessary to choose payment method in this case"

In the mean time, are there any recommended solutions in ECWID to offer cataloged egoods for free? I suspect not but just want to insure I did not miss something.

Thanks again,
John Blue
John,

1. Yes, you're right.

2. The only workaround I see is to create a special "offline" payment method for orders with zero totals or send links manually/post them on a special section of your website.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetzal View Post
John,

1. Yes, you're right.

2. The only workaround I see is to create a special "offline" payment method for orders with zero totals or send links manually/post them on a special section of your website.
With Wordpress self-hosted, you can create a password-protected page with a download link to a file hosted somewhere safe - I wonder about box.net?

And I agree it will be awesome when Ecwid has got free options in the cart itself.

-Catherine
http://catherinesmusic.com
http://catswebweave.com
Old 12-30-2010, 06:03 PM

Default BUMP: I AGREE!

I already have several ecwid stores and have been working on feasible work arounds for over 5 months now. I've tried some, but as above they ultimately defeat the real intent and therefore the efficacy!

Here's to hoping something comes up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas schmid View Post
Thanks again,

but web space is not my problem, I have plenty of this. See, the key is to keep the freebies in the same store as the non freebies. It is like in the supermarket. You go in and the products which are on promotion are placed all over the market, forcing the clients to see all the other nice products they have.

It could go with a category saying Free Stuff, but in the same shop system! I do not want to let them go out of ecwid. This is my supermarket, or maybe not.

3dhistory.de

Best
Thomas
Old 12-30-2010, 11:08 PM

This is what I did for this exact situation:

http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3803

Tags
digital goods, free, product, products