The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 04:59 AM

Exclude regions/countries from e-book downloads ?

Is it possible to exclude a region from digital downloads (e-books). Due to the upcoming changes in VAT in EU countries, I would like to avoid EU sales.

I know you can set up shipping for certain areas. I've done this to avoid EU sales, but I'm not sure it will work for e-goods.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your message!

Yes, it is possible to exclude the region from sales. And you are absolutely right - it is done with the help of setting corresponding shipping zones.

To avoid the sales in Europe, just set the shipping zone excluding EU. So that the shipping zones were taken into account by the system, you need to mark that your products require shipping: go to Ecwid Control Panel > Catalogue > Products, open a product page and check “This product requires shipping” tick under the weight of the item.

When your products settings and shipping are configured this way, the customers from Europe won’t be able to proceed to Checkout and pay.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:54 PM

Thank you Clara...that's exactly what I need to know. If you check shipping, under weight do you leave it set to 0 or do you need to add some small amount like .01 (lbs) ? I would not want to actually charge for shipping.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

As with e-goods you do not need to charge your customers for shipping, you can create a free shipping method at Ecwid Control Panel > System Settings > Shipping > Shipping Method, click ‘New Shipping Method’. In the ‘Select Shipping’ region dropdown select the corresponding destination zone (i.e. your zone where Europe is excluded). Please see the detailed instructions on setting the free shipping in our article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...0#Freeshipping

After this shipping method is enabled your customers from outside Europe will be able to checkout and pay without having to pay for shipping. The customers from Europe will see the ‘Sorry, we do not ship to this location’ sign and will not have the possibility to checkout.

Help Center

Old 12-25-2014, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the additional clarification. I think I have it set up correctly now.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:53 PM

Default Excluding EU but not the rest of the world

We are in a unique situation where we sell physical books to customers only in the United States but allow our digital resources to be sold to any country in the world. We have the "This product requires shipping" unchecked from our digital resources so that anyone from anywhere in the world can purchase the digital books because digital resources don't require a shipping address. Now, our shipping zone is set to the United States alone. If I do as ECWID suggests and check the box that says "This product requires shipping" someone from Austrailia who previously was able to order one of our digital products will no longer be able to do so because the digital product requires "shipping" and we only ship to the United States.

Am I understanding my situation correctly?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

As far as I understand, you have both digital and physical products in your store and do not want to sell downloadable goods to EU countries.

Please refer to this thread for possible workarounds: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31631

Thank you!

Help Center

Old 04-06-2016, 01:54 PM

I would like to exclude specific countries for shipment of our items?
Old 04-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic Bob View Post
I would like to exclude specific countries for shipment of our items?
Hello!

Basically, to exclude specific countries for shipment, you should create a proper destination zone with those countries where you’d like to ship your products. In other words, you should list countries for shipping. To do so, you should do the following:
  • go to your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Zones (direct link) and click “New Zone” button
  • click “Add country” button and select countries for shipping, e.g. http://take.ms/7VA9Y
Remember to save the changes.

I hope this information will be helpful for you. Please do not hesitate to reach us out if any support is needed.

Thank you!

Old 06-09-2016, 09:18 AM

Default Excluding EU customers from dl purchases but Not from free catagory??

Regarding not selling my e-goods directly to the EU .... I think I have shipping set up correctly re excluding the EU as a download zone (and having adding a note that they must contact me directly to make the sales transaction manually instead) . So that's fine.

However I will be having just one category of Free downloadables that I do want ALL site visitors to be able to access and download from. Can download zones be changed to All Zones for just this one free-stuff category? If not is there another workaround you can suggest?

I have only used Ecwid for two days now so forgive me if the answer is something I could have found out myself but my head is spinning a bit from working out all the different set-up aspects and I can't get this one figured out on my own
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
e-goods by country/region, exclude countries