Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Ed Krug's Avatar
Ed Krug Ed Krug is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Default Order number in PayPal

Does anyone know if there is a way to setup payment with PayPal so that the payment details on the PayPal website include the order id. Or is there any other way to connect the payments received PayPal with the orders received in the dashboard of ecwid

Also, is there any way to test that all the systems are working. I am setting up my ecwid now and I want to make sure all the payments and emails notifications are working properly.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Krug View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to setup payment with PayPal so that the payment details on the PayPal website include the order id. Or is there any other way to connect the payments received PayPal with the orders received in the dashboard of ecwid

Also, is there any way to test that all the systems are working. I am setting up my ecwid now and I want to make sure all the payments and emails notifications are working properly.
1. PayPal should show an invoice number in its backend. What do you see there?

2. Create a $1 product, then purchase it as a customer : -)
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Ed Krug's Avatar
Ed Krug Ed Krug is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Thank you for your prompt responce.

The situation so far as we can see it:

1) In the printed invoice - there is ORDER #2, and no there is no invoice number.

2) In the Ecwid dashboard orders area there is no invoice number under ORDER #2, and no PayPal TRANSACTION ID.

3) In the PayPal sellers back end, there are only a TRANSACTION ID and an INVOICE ID 408791, and no ORDER NUMBER.

4) In the PayPal buyer back end there are only a TRANSACTION ID and an INVOICE ID 408791, and no ORDER NUMBER.

If we have for example 10 order, it would be almost impossible to compare the payments and the orders.

Hope you can advise any solution. Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Krug View Post
Thank you for your prompt responce.

The situation so far as we can see it:

1) In the printed invoice - there is ORDER #2, and no there is no invoice number.

2) In the Ecwid dashboard orders area there is no invoice number under ORDER #2, and no PayPal TRANSACTION ID.

3) In the PayPal sellers back end, there are only a TRANSACTION ID and an INVOICE ID 408791, and no ORDER NUMBER.

4) In the PayPal buyer back end there are only a TRANSACTION ID and an INVOICE ID 408791, and no ORDER NUMBER.

If we have for example 10 order, it would be almost impossible to compare the payments and the orders.

Hope you can advise any solution. Thank you
Thank you.
The "408791" ID is a unique internal order ID which Ecwid never shows in the control panel.
So what we will change to improve this situation:

1. Ecwid will show the transaction ID in the details of each order.
2. PayPal invoice ID will look as follows:

<the ID you see in your control panel> - <unique internal ID>.

For example: 2-408791

As a workaround try to compare the payments using customers` emails.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2010, 04:42 AM
New Zealand Apostille's Avatar
New Zealand Apostille New Zealand Apostille is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
Default

In our situation, one customer can make quite a few orders almost continuously, and we defiantly can check the orders by email, but it will be quite time consuming.

We are more interested in the first two change's you mentioned and are wondering when you planed to implement it? Do you have any time in mind?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Zealand Apostille View Post
In our situation, one customer can make quite a few orders almost continuously, and we defiantly can check the orders by email, but it will be quite time consuming.

We are more interested in the first two change's you mentioned and are wondering when you planed to implement it? Do you have any time in mind?

Thank you
Unfortunately no exact ETA yet. However we fully understand that these changes are important, so we will do our best to implement them ASAP.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Coolerest's Avatar
Coolerest Coolerest is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Default

What is the status of this update? It looks like this was requested 2 years ago and yet I'm having the same issue. Our accounting department needs a way to reconcile payments and there are no corresponding "ID's" to work with.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 11,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolerest View Post
What is the status of this update? It looks like this was requested 2 years ago and yet I'm having the same issue. Our accounting department needs a way to reconcile payments and there are no corresponding "ID's" to work with.
Ecwid already shows the transaction ID in the details of each order. So it is possible to connect the payments in your PayPal backend with the orders in the Ecwid dashboard.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Coolerest's Avatar
Coolerest Coolerest is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
Default

There is absolutely not a transaction ID anywhere associated with the order. All we have is the Order #. Two of us spent well over an hour yesterday trying to find some type of corresponding info.



Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolerest View Post
There is absolutely not a transaction ID anywhere associated with the order. All we have is the Order #. Two of us spent well over an hour yesterday trying to find some type of corresponding info.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...
Thank you for this information. This is definitely an abnormal situation - PayPal's transaction IDs should show up in your control panel, but for some reason they don't. Please, create a new report in our bug tracker, our engineers will help you.
__________________
Eugene Efimochkin, Team
_________________________
Shipping methods are not showing up? Here is how to set it up properly!
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.