Originally Posted by wordatwork
I'm new at using ECWID, and trying to sell downloads of big audio files. Each product will contain multiple files, anywhere from 5-10 MB apiece. I have each set zipped, nothing over 100 MB. When I try to upload nothing happens...5 minutes, or 12 hours. I just get the status bar. So my questions are:
1) What file types are acceptable?
2) Will ECWID accept compressed .zips?
3) If multiple MP3s are assigned to one product, how are they delivered to the user? If I upload 10 single MP3s to one product is the customer delivered a separate link for each file, or are the files automatically compressed and the user delivered a single link?
4) If ECWID automatically compresses a multiple file purchase, it could get confusing for my customers. Some buy 6 or 7 series of audio in one purchase (again, each series contains 2-10 separate audio files). So... are they separated in any way? (Eg. Product1file1,Product1file2,Product1file3,Product1 file4 & Product2file1,Product2file2,Product2file3) How does ECXID deliver the products so the customer can tell the difference?
Any help would be great.
1. All the file types are acceptable.
2. Yes, Ecwid accepts .zips
3. If multiple files are assigned to a product, a customer will get a separate link for each file. I.e. in your exanple, the customer will get 10 links.
4. Ecwid doesn't compress your files in any way. Your customers will get links to the original files.
5. If you cannot upload a new file, please report this problem to our bugtracker
. Include the version of your browser and the example of any file you cannot upload.