Originally Posted by Taffy
What is the point of voting for things ?
Worldpay Intergration - 24 Votes - Started
Protx Intergration - 45 Votes - No Progress
A lot more people use protx than worldpay , the protx intergration has been finished on the new x-cart platform so hasn't most of the work been done ?
I get a feeling certain things are held back until someone comes forward and pays for the " development " .
I have three x-cart sites which I'll move over to ECWID but with limited payment choices , they will have to wait.
Apart from that , good work !! :-)
1. Unfortunately, X-Cart and Ecwid are very different. They use different programming languages, they have completely different architecture, they are designed in different ways.
They're so different that the fact that the X-Cart team have already integrated SagePay (ex-Protx) doesn't make our work easier.
2. Yes, the WorldPay idea has fewer votes than the Protx/Sagepay one. However, WorldPay has been sponsored by one of our users, thus it will be implemented quicker. The sponsoring option is available to everyone.
3. Your votes really help us to determine our priorities. The more votes an idea gets, the faster it will be implemented.
For example, the "Download security" feature is in TOP3 of the most popular votes. As a result, this feature will appear in the next major release.
To sum it up:
1. We understand that support of popular payment gateways is essential for any shopping cart, including Ecwid. We do understand this.
So, such gateways as SagePay or iDeal will defintly be implemented in future.
Ecwid was released only 8 months ago. It's a very young age in the shopping cart world.
For example, X-Cart is 6(7?) years old. And Ecwid is already much, much better than X-Cart in many aspects. Some Ecwid features are so unique that they don't exist in any other shopping cart in the world.
Give us some time and Ecwid will have all features any merchant can want. And these will be perfectly designed features, we don't add features just for appearance' sake.
2. Your votes are not pointless. Your votes, ideas and suggestion are very appreciated
, because they show us what we need to implement and improve.
You help us make Ecwid better and it's great.