We are going to update Ecwid URLs in the next versions. The "ecwid:
" part will be removed and replaced with "!
". E.g. this URL:
will change to something like this:
1. When will this change be implemented?
In one of the next major versions.
2. Will the old URLs still work?
Yes. All existing links to your store will work just fine.
3. Do I need to change anything?
In most cases you don't need to change anything - the transition will be smooth. Even if you used an old URL notation to create custom menus or links to your store, the links will work just fine.
4. Why the changes?
- some partners who use our white-label version don't want to have "ecwid" in URLs.
- We will be able to significantly improve the indexation of Ecwid stores by using this Google API: https://developers.google.com/webmasters/ajax-crawling/