Old 05-26-2012, 04:40 PM

Default Picture size

How can I make the pictures bigger on the category page?
I want the menu category similar with this: http://www.asos.com/Women/Dresses/Ca...
Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Generally the categories thumbnails size can be set in Ecwid control panel ->System Settings → Design → Thumbnail Sizes page.

I have checked your store and, as far as I can see, you have Category Thumbnail Size set to 223 px, while images on [url]asos.com[url] are 230px x 180px.

So Ecwid takes your category images and fits them into a square of 223px x 223px, changing their proportions accordingly. If you have a narrow image (like https://dpbfm6h358sh7.cloudfront.net..., for example), its height will be 223px, while the width will be still little, because Ecwid will create a thumbnail with the same aspect ratio as the original image, fitting it in a square of 223 px size.

To have your categories images of the same size like at [url]asos.com[url] you need to change image proportions with some graphic editor (the easiest way will be to make them all 230px x 180px) and then set Category Thumbnail Size to 230px in Ecwid control panel.

Please note that you will need to re-upload the edited categories thumbnails to your store.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:38 AM

But if I make all the pictures 180px230px and then set Category Thumbnail Size to 230px in Ecwid control panel, it will look ok in the category page, but when I click on product details the same picture would be too small there. As far as I understand I can not make different pictures on the category page and product details main picture, right?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:45 PM

Category images are not the same as Product images. You can have one image uploaded as a category image, and individual images for every product in your categories.

If you mean product images, that are displayed in a subcategory in grid view - you can have them larger that 230px × 180px, but of the same proportions. For example, you can have them 500px × 391px. They will be displayed full size in products details pages, but will be resized to 230 height and the proportional width in grid view (if you set "Product Thumbnail Size in Grid View" to 230 in Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Design → Thumbnail Sizes page).
DGL Export Inc (07-13-2014)