Old 04-26-2012, 12:07 AM

Default PayPal Payments Advanced

Does ECWID work with PayPal Payments Advanced?

I want to accept Credit Card payment using Paypal Solution (easier)

Can you assist here?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Comfrey View Post
Does ECWID work with PayPal Payments Advanced?

I want to accept Credit Card payment using Paypal Solution (easier)

Can you assist here?
Ecwid currently supports PayPal Standard and PayPal Express Checkout solutions. Please refer to this article for more info:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853304/PayPal

Unfortunately, PayPal Advanced is not supported in Ecwid yet, so you're welcome to vote for this idea:

http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...

If you would like to have that payment solution integrated to your store, please refer to the following page for details:
http://www.ecwid.com/connect/custom-...
Old 05-17-2012, 09:19 AM

PayPal Pro in ECWID has been on the ToDo list for over 3 years now - so it's probably safe to assume it will never happen - here is the thread

All I want is for the customer to pay and stay on my site - is that possible ? - let me know the options.

I would also like to know of any payment solution that will charge a flat rate per month plus a small % (maybe 2%), PayPal charges for 'PayPal standard' are 3.4% +.20p - any alternative solutions ?

Last edited by Angela Davies; 05-17-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Davies View Post
PayPal Pro in ECWID has been on the ToDo list for over 3 years now - so it's probably safe to assume it will never happen - here is the thread

All I want is for the customer to pay and stay on my site - is that possible ? - let me know the options.

I would also like to know of any payment solution that will charge a flat rate per month plus a small % (maybe 2%), PayPal charges for 'PayPal standard' are 3.4% +.20p - any alternative solutions ?
We are currently working on PayPal Payments Advanced integration into Ecwid: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52164 . PayPal Payments Advanced allows to take payments without having your customers to leave the site.

However, the custom payment page developed with this service already advised above: http://www.ecwid.com/connect/custom-... will also allow you to have your customers stay on site - with use of PayPal Pro or any similar integration method.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Richard Cagle (10-04-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for that - but Im presuming that you dont have a custom integration for paypal web payments pro ?.

Im in the process of setting a number of shops (which would be ecwid silver accounts) and I really really want to use ecwid as I love it - and the support is great. But the people I am doing this work for insist they need want their customers to appear to stay on the site rather than get diverted to PayPal - this is a deal breaker for them.

They are 2 requirements - they want to stay on the website (or at least appear to stay on site) they will consider other payment gateways - sage pay etc - as long as they can appear to stay on the same site.

I have also been looking at other carts (no names mentioned - but they are French) and they have a module for paypal pro - and it seems to work.

Please can you advise if Ecwid can do what I need - I want to use ecwid, but I also have to make sure the customer gets what they want.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Davies View Post
Hi Eugene,

Thanks for that - but Im presuming that you dont have a custom integration for paypal web payments pro ?.

Im in the process of setting a number of shops (which would be ecwid silver accounts) and I really really want to use ecwid as I love it - and the support is great. But the people I am doing this work for insist they need want their customers to appear to stay on the site rather than get diverted to PayPal - this is a deal breaker for them.

They are 2 requirements - they want to stay on the website (or at least appear to stay on site) they will consider other payment gateways - sage pay etc - as long as they can appear to stay on the same site.

I have also been looking at other carts (no names mentioned - but they are French) and they have a module for paypal pro - and it seems to work.

Please can you advise if Ecwid can do what I need - I want to use ecwid, but I also have to make sure the customer gets what they want.
As already mentioned, you can get integration with any payment method (including PayPal Pro) with the custom programming and Ecwid's custom payment gateway API. For the details on the service provided by Qualiteam, you should consult their sale managers via sales@qtmsoft.com.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 PM

Tried to click the Thanks button - but it didnt work so I say 'thanks' here - Thanks Eugene.

I dont want to get to involved in doing complicated scripting myself. I also dont want to have to pay per year for a hosted module or pay 689 dollars for a script (as I know my customer wont pay it) . I would love the functionality of paypal pro to be part of ecwid solution. I guess I have some thinking to do. The other cart I spoke of - has a 50 dollar one off payment module - so maybe this will be a better fit for me at the moment in time.

Last edited by Angela Davies; 05-18-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
We are currently working on PayPal Payments Advanced integration into Ecwid: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52164 . PayPal Payments Advanced allows to take payments without having your customers to leave the site.
Hi Eugene, Thanks for the update. Any new news on this. I've started looking into other ecommerce solutions and the inability to incorporate PP Advanced is the reason.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM

No doubt, they need to get this rocking...losing customers I'm sure
Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Brault3 View Post
No doubt, they need to get this rocking...losing customers I'm sure
Recently there have been PayPal Payflow Link and PayPal Advanced payment methods added to Ecwid. Please refer to these threads:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15850