Old 08-13-2010, 12:21 PM

After your comment of "firewall" issues I reset my modem. After that it worked one time, but now it doesn't work again. I am in China, where they are notorious with firewalls. Can that be part of the problem? I can't see how this otherwise can be a firewall issue, because I am not using any. Its all very weird, and it seems the ajax is just not loading or something.

Thanks for your help
Old 08-13-2010, 12:26 PM

1 - Yes it does
2 - No, I get this error message:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

3 - I am in Kentucky nearest to Louisville
4 - That store link opens fine - I see bikes and scooters.

Thank you!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM

Okay this is really weird. The link you gave gardenparty, is the ecwid internal link from my store right? So, I can open that link... but I cant open my actual store...
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Ecwid Team

gardenpartyteas:

Quote:
2 - No, I get this error message:
Could you try to download it in other browser?

gardenpartyteas, BikesBeijing:

Quote:
4 - That store link opens fine - I see bikes and scooters.
Quote:
So, I can open that link...
It means that the issue is definitly caused by our content delivery network. We have placed this file into the purge queue, so it should be refreshed soon and I beleive it will fix the problem.

As a temporary workaround, you can disable CDN by including Ecwid script using HTTPS protocol: http://kb.ecwid.com/SSL-HTTPS

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 08-14-2010, 12:59 AM

We are switching to Ecwid and had planned to launch the new store tomorrow. Now I am unsure what to do - I am concerned that our customers will have this same inability to see the store. I understand that everyone does not have this issue as some can see stores, but I still can not. {I did see the temporary work-around above, but I'd rather not do that so that I can see and know when the problem is fixed}

Any idea when this might be resolved, so that we could proceed with the launch?

Thank you.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenpartyteas View Post
We are switching to Ecwid and had planned to launch the new store tomorrow. Now I am unsure what to do - I am concerned that our customers will have this same inability to see the store. I understand that everyone does not have this issue as some can see stores, but I still can not. {I did see the temporary work-around above, but I'd rather not do that so that I can see and know when the problem is fixed}

Any idea when this might be resolved, so that we could proceed with the launch?

Thank you.
Hmm, it is still unclear why you get the incorrect file. We made sure that our CDN contains valid files, however your browser still downloads the incorrect Javascript code.

Try these steps, please:

1. Clear cache of your browser.
2. Open this URL: http://wac.211a.edgecastcdn.net/8021...

(if you browser cannot open it, please try another one)

Save this file, rename it to test.txt and attach it to your message.

3. Then open this file using a proxy, for example: http://www.hidemy.info/

Again save this file as "test-proxy.txt" and attach it.

Thank you in advance.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 PM

Hi Qetzal,

Its me again. After working for a day or two (except in Chrome this time), my store stopped working again. It says in the bottom corner its waiting for wac.211a.edgecastcdn.net... I tried to use the proposed work around, but that link is not opening (the https one). The launch of my website should have been yesterday, so this is highly unconvenient. Please offer a fix soon...
Old 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikesBeijing View Post
Hi Qetzal,

Its me again. After working for a day or two (except in Chrome this time), my store stopped working again. It says in the bottom corner its waiting for wac.211a.edgecastcdn.net... I tried to use the proposed work around, but that link is not opening (the https one). The launch of my website should have been yesterday, so this is highly unconvenient. Please offer a fix soon...
Please perform the steps from this message: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showpost...

Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 AM

Hi, I was wondering if there has been a fix for this yet? I believe what is happening is the great firewall of china is blocking the loading of the script. I having the same problem (living in china) and accessing my own store or the demo store.

Also, it works on VPN! but not when I'm off VPN.

Last edited by Daniel Mazz; 10-16-2012 at 04:02 AM. Reason: VPN comment
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Mazz View Post
Hi, I was wondering if there has been a fix for this yet? I believe what is happening is the great firewall of china is blocking the loading of the script. I having the same problem (living in china) and accessing my own store or the demo store.

Also, it works on VPN! but not when I'm off VPN.
Hello,

Thank you for your message. The fact that your store is not loading is definitely not normal and needs to be investigated.

First of all, I'd like to ask you to find out what resources fail to load. In order to do it, you will need to check what assets throw errors while loading in your browser. It can be done in the built-in developer tools of Google Chrome or in the FireBug extension of Firefox. I'll explain how to do it in Google Chrome:
1. Open up the Chrome developer tools panel (Wrench icon > Tools > Developer Tools) and switch to the "Network" tab
2. Without closing the developer tools, open you store in Chrome
3. When loading the site, Chrome will display loaded page elements in the Network tab of Developer tools
4. Check what assets has 'failed' loading status (they will be in red font), this screenshot illustrates it:
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1xdw9/eg64?size=o
5. Also, check what errors are displayed in the 'Console' tab (Chrome developer tools -> Console -> Errors)

We look forward to your comments. Thank you in advance.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials