Old 07-19-2011, 04:13 PM

One Big issue I think is that sometimes the customer types his/her email wrong.
Is it possible to change that? some times the just forget something that I can see easy like
@hotmail.co

So I see that there are missing an m So in order for the customer to recive notifications I should be able to change that in the order.?.

Possible Eugene?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM

You've got my 3 votes for this mod also ...
The Following User Says Thank You to crxman For This Useful Post:
sandy Bottoms (11-12-2012)
Old 02-24-2012, 11:33 PM

So here is another example of the management of the store needing an ability, you say it will be in a future release, yet that was some time ago with nothing to show for it.

333 votes, on a basic issue. Someone selects the wrong size or color of something and sees the mistake after the fact. There is no way to correct it.

I understand that it could cause a cascade requirement to create a return or additional charge.

But come on now.................
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM

Joseph, let me once again specify that we also want to see this feature in Ecwid as soon as possible. And the fact that it is still not added - it is not a matter of our unwillingness.

As I said in my previous post, good development requires time. Sometimes - really much time. And we in Ecwid want no other development than a good one. We’d better release a product with a limited set of features, but will be sure that every feature works as it should, than quickly make a heap of buggy features. I hope you find it reasonable.

And, as it was mentioned before, there is sponsorship opportunity. The details can be discussed with our managers at bizdev@ecwid.com .
Old 08-28-2012, 05:18 AM

I thought that it was a given that this is possible. This may really screw up the store for my customer. I hope it gets implemented really, really soon. Shipping and customer details should be editable.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:40 AM

I have dealt with other stores like Pinnacle Cart, osCommerce, Zen Cart and now Ecwid and none of those store would allow you to edit an order that has already completed. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that this needs to be availabe... but I am guessing that it is a difficult process to design/code.

I also voted. Ecwid, do you have any idea when or IF you will ever implement this feature?

Thanks,

Kim
Old 09-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Kim,

Quote:
I also voted. Ecwid, do you have any idea when or IF you will ever implement this feature?
We will definitely implement this feature in the future. However I cannot provide any exact ETA yet.

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
The Following User Says Thank You to Qetzal For This Useful Post:
Brian Skellie (01-30-2013)
Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM

I have also used numerous ecommerce solutions and none of the ones I have used have allowed you to edit an order after the order was placed.

For anyone "new" reading this, I can confirm this is NOT a flaw with Ecwid and what most businesses use, to give added flexibility as described or criticized, is a SEPARATE back office system that is usually linked to an accounting package (eg Sage), which costs a lot more than your Ecwid subscription.

On the other hand if we can get Ecwid to come up with these "Back Office" controls, I would encourage them to offer us a "Gold Package" for just a few extra $$'s, to include this feature. I strongly believe the "Silver Package" currently being offered does offer excellent value for money and is in absolutely no way flawed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dcogzell For This Useful Post:
Brian Skellie (01-30-2013), Kess (09-06-2012), Qetzal (09-05-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 02:53 AM

Couldn't agree more that this feature will be very useful especially when customer changes shipping address after they have placed an order. You have my 3 votes for this. :-)
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 PM

But how do we as store owners change the address. I have a customer that has contacted me. I have shipped to her correct address, but I need to get it changed within Ecwid. HOW????

Tags
customer account info, customer address changes