v11 is available on our beta server. Our QA team is testing it at this very moment. As soon as testing is over, this version will be released. All Ecwid users and developers are welcome to check it out, especially if you use heavily-customized CSS themes.
How to test a beta version: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/44133656/...
(please read, it is important)
Bulk discount pricing
E.g. a t-shirt costs $10, but if you buy 5 items, they will cost $8 each.
It is a paid feature, so in order to get a paid account on our beta server, perform these steps:
- go to the "My Profile -> Billing" page.
- click "Upgrade"
- Submit any billing address and "4111111111111111" as a credit card number, "111" as CVV2 and any date in the future as an expiration date.
The ability to set a price, that will be shown is struck out in the product details.
You can fine-tune this feature on the System Settings -> General -> Cart" page, "“Compare at” price" section.
Some improvements on the product editing page.
- The "Save" button is always visible, even if you scroll a page.
- New "Assign categories" section - no more separate tab.
- Ability to set a default category for a product, which will be used if you open a product via the direct link. Very useful if your items are assigned to multiple categories.
Completely revamped shipping module
Well, it is hard to post a list of changes, because we changed everything : -)
- Setup of new shipping method is now much easier and convinient. Just follow the steps using our wizard.
- Ability to limit carrier-calculated shipping rates by zone. E.g. you can enable USPS, but limit it to a few US states only.
- Ability to sort shipping methods and select a default one.
- Ability to create custom shipping rates based on the subtotal. I.e. $14 for the orders less than $100, $6 for the orders more than $100.
- Ability to set free shipping for the orders over $N.
New shipping module is very different from the old one. So it will not be enabled for the existing users automatically. When v11 is released, you will be promted to upgrade your shipping rates to a new system. If you agree, Ecwid will convert your shipping rates to a new format. In some rare cases it will be necessary to adjust them by hand (if you use a lot of custom complex user-defined rates), but you will be able to return to old settings/module anytime.
In order to test a new shipping module on our beta servers, just create a new account there.
And this is just a part of features our developers have been working on this spring : -)