Old 04-14-2012, 02:05 AM

Question inline catelog api method not indexing in google webmaster

Hi,

I used the api method for inline catalog and all seems ok. I have generated a site index with 234 items/pages. i submitted the sitemap to Google webmaster tools and it only seems to index 7 items/pages. and client has noticed that items from the catalog are not in Google.

I followed the instructions to a tee. when javascript is off, I see the html version etc. the sitemap show all items, I need help figuring out why only 7 pages are being indexed. any help appreciated.

sitemap is here
site is here

i keep resubmitting sitemap and it only does 7 pages. so help!!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM

Question

it seems all was done correctly according to ecwid's instructions and the products are being listed. it seems the issue is Google looking at the urls as the same product and therefore not indexing all the products. and doing only seven of them.

can someone from ECWID comment on how this can be dealt with? as it seems its just Google not indexing ECWID stores using the inline catalog method.

Hopefully correct priority is given to this question as it is of the utmost importance.

thanks

Norman
Old 04-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for your message. What is the site that you try to get indexed and what is the status of the other product pages in Google Webmaster tools, do they show any errors?
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 PM

The site is wolfsanctumwildstones.com

webmaster tools shows that i submitted 234, and only 7 are indexed. there are absolutely no errors anywhere else. I can provide my webmaster tools info if you like so you can login and see.

thanks

also, if you Google "site:wolfsanctumwildstones.com"

this shows all the pages from the site that are in the Google index, and it just shows 7 of the 234 pages listed in the sitemap.xml file. why those 7, i have no idea. i originally submitted the sitemap months ago back in October of 2011.

thanks

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 04-16-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Bird View Post
The site is wolfsanctumwildstones.com

webmaster tools shows that i submitted 234, and only 7 are indexed. there are absolutely no errors anywhere else. I can provide my webmaster tools info if you like so you can login and see.

thanks

also, if you Google "site:wolfsanctumwildstones.com"

this shows all the pages from the site that are in the Google index, and it just shows 7 of the 234 pages listed in the sitemap.xml file. why those 7, i have no idea. i originally submitted the sitemap months ago back in October of 2011.

thanks
Thank you for the details. It looks like Google just needs some time to index your store. I have inspected your inline SEO setup and haven't found any problems with it. No errors in webmaster tools also means that Google hasn't found any problems so far. So, it appears to be just a question of time, though it does not seem typical for Google Webmaster Tools to show such delay in indexing.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM

I know, this is why I have asked for assistance, everything looks fine, AND this is way too long of an index process. I have done many sites in webmaster tools and the longest I have seen is a few weeks. this is several months of not indexing more that 7 links.

has anyone else seen something like this with an ecwid store?
is it the fact that all the links are the same except for the id numbers changing?

thanks

Norman

Tags
google webmaster, inline catelog