Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:24 PM

Thanks Eugene. I know its not your policy to issue information about the timing of certain features, which makes iit difficult to be patient. But I am really trying to make this work.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Thailand Amulets

Buzztechs comment is valid
also i think that what eugene says (quote) "At this moment, we think that the best way is to always calculate the total number of items of a particular product added to cart regardless of what options and combinations have been chosen and calculate wholesale prices based on this number.

Is it OK?"

Yes it sounds like a great idea, and will solve most people's problems.
Another thing good would be to show different prices to logged in people, and/or dont show prices unless logged in.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hunt View Post
I have to agree with accurateled - I really like what I've seen, but I can't wait around until some core pricing features (bulk discounts) are built out. I have set up and I'm now configuring ubercart. It's a lot more work to set up, and not nearly as fast as ecwid (not even close) but I have more control over the pricing / discounts etc, and can run the features I define as deal-breakers for my business model. I will keep the ecwid around for possible use on facebook - and might leave ubercart in the future if the bulk pricing gets added. To me speed is very important, so please keep up the work on the new features - I'd love to come back in the future.

Ken
The bulk pricing feature is being currently actively worked on.

We thoroughly understand that there are many features that are considered 'core functionality' by many merchants, which are not yet present in Ecwid. And we are going to add that functionality, of course. The reason why it wasn't there from the beginning is the following: Ecwid is a solution that utterly differs from many other shopping carts, it is built on the other principles and with other constraints - hence it had to be built from scratch. Ecwid thus developed in small steps - every release delivered a few totally usable features and with every such step Ecwid became more and more mature. We chose the functionality to implement on each step from the ideas submitted by our users. No existing code, design or solutions could be used in Ecwid from the very beginning and almost on each step - because there is no solution closely similar to Ecwid in the world. So, for a solution developed in under three years from scratch Ecwid has plenty of options already, all of which were developed according to customers' demands, but we understand that is still not enough for our customers, so we will bring even more.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qetzal View Post

2. Sale price
Both this feature and the "sale price" one are top ideas in our idea tracker. Both features are very anticipated by Ecwid merchants. The fact these discounts are not required for some merchants doesn't mean it isn't an important thing.

Of course, "Sale price" will also be implemented. However, this feature has a lot of nuances and we don't want to just add a new price field and display it on a page. We want it to be a powerful tool that really increases sales. So, it'd be great if you started a new thread and we discussed how to implement it in the best way.

3. Free shipping for ordering over a certain amount
This feature is under development right now. Actually, we realised that Ecwid's shipping options are not flexible and easy enough to use. So, we're changing them a bit and adding some necessary things, such as the ability to set a default shipping method, the ability to limit methods returned by a shipping carrier by a zone (e.g. enable USPS real-time rates, but show them only to a certain country) and set rates based on an order total.

Hi,

Is there any news about these 2 functions. Really can't wait longer to have this.

Regards,
Soedesh
Old 04-06-2012, 05:05 PM

Free shipping feature is on the go. It will be released as soon as its development is completed and its behavior is carefully tested. We hope it will get available very soon.

Sales and promotions functionality has "Planned" status, which means that Ecwid developers will start working on it as soon as they complete the "Started" features.

We understand that both things are very much anticipated. Let me assure you that Ecwid team is doing its best to implement things as quickly as possible. But we also know that a well-tested (and, as a result, correctly working) feature is better that a rapidly released one. Thus the features will be provided as soon as we make sure they work as they should.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:43 PM

Hi Kess, thanks for update. Hope that the disccount feature will be released before june, because then sale will start in Holland. Saw another option to mention sale, but don't think this wil be affective. Need some new shoes? www.shushu.nl

Regards
Soedesh
Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 AM

So - when will this be working?? :-)
Old 04-27-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammamiu View Post
So - when will this be working?? :-)
Really soon. Our developers make every effort to get it ready asap.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Hello,
I would like to use Ecwid but we need the bulk purchasing feature. We’re going to need to upgrade to a premium account for other features as well but we’re waiting for this feature. Is there an update related to release date?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige Flag View Post
Hello,
I would like to use Ecwid but we need the bulk purchasing feature. We’re going to need to upgrade to a premium account for other features as well but we’re waiting for this feature. Is there an update related to release date?
Wish as we would we cannot provide any exact release date. On the day our developers make sure everything works as it should, the version with this feature will be released.