Old 01-02-2010, 01:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike
Default AddThis Widget

Pretty cool widget to add on to your page for sharing your content....

http://www.addthis.com/features

Eugene,

Maybe this can be integrated with Ecwid...and used as a 'recommend this product to a friend' workaround ??

Last edited by Mike; 01-02-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Pretty cool widget to add on to your page for sharing your content....

http://www.addthis.com/features

Eugene,

Maybe this can be integrated with Ecwid...and used as a 'recommend this product to a friend' workaround ??
I will check it out.

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Ecwid Team

I've tested this widget.

Unfortunately it strips the hash/anchors (all symbols after "#") from the shared URL, so it isn't possible to share the particular Ecwid pages such as product ones.

However I've found an alternative service that doesn't have such an issue: http://www.addtoany.com/
It works pretty good, please check.

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 PM

Addtoany is sweet!

It can even be made to work with an SSL catalog it seems. Just have to remember to use the all-in-one button version rather than the one with the individual facebook and twitter icons as the latter doesn't seem to include the complete page link.I think this article
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21311411/... in the knowledgebase should be updated to include it.

Last edited by slice; 03-17-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:41 AM

Default Wish I could get it to work

Thanks for the KB reference. I followed the directions but it did not work. When I select Facebook in Addthis, my home page URL comes up as the link rather than the product page URL. What am I doing wrong.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:28 PM

I am already having "addthis", this widget is of great help
Old 04-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbennette View Post
Thanks for the KB reference. I followed the directions but it did not work. When I select Facebook in Addthis, my home page URL comes up as the link rather than the product page URL. What am I doing wrong.
The Addthis article is a bit deprecated. Currently, the Facebook Like functionality is built right into the Ecwid, so you can just enable the Like and Send buttons in the Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Social tools. Our engineers are also working on adding more buttons from the other social platforms, so eventually you wouldn't need the external 'share-it-everywhere' buttons like Addthis.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
The Addthis article is a bit deprecated. Currently, the Facebook Like functionality is built right into the Ecwid, so you can just enable the Like and Send buttons in the Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Social tools. Our engineers are also working on adding more buttons from the other social platforms, so eventually you wouldn't need the external 'share-it-everywhere' buttons like Addthis.
Just added the social tools via the system settings and facebook like seems to work, but I'm getting this error
"The page at http://app.ecwid.com/sharer?ownerid=... could not be reached."
Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadd Jarusinski View Post
Just added the social tools via the system settings and facebook like seems to work, but I'm getting this error
"The page at http://app.ecwid.com/sharer?ownerid=... could not be reached."
As far as I can see, currently Facebook social plugins are disabled in your Ecwid store, so I cannot reproduce the issue.

Facebook functionality (Like, Send and social comments) is the totally external functionality to Ecwid - those are 3rd party widgets that we embed into Ecwid just like you embed Ecwid into your site. Ecwid does not influence the functionality of Facebook widgets. Similar errors are sometimes the result of how the store owner has set up the social buttons, but this may be a result of bug in the Facebook platform as well.

The thing you describe looks mostly like Facebook bug, and there are reports that a similar issue to the Likes gets fixed silently over time without any actions from the site owner - that happens because Facebook engineers introduce some changes to Facebook functionality.

So I would recommend to enable the social buttons functionality in your store now at least for us to see the issue live and inspect the possible reasons of it. The Like buttons may as well get working without any issues in your Ecwid store this time.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
As far as I can see, currently Facebook social plugins are disabled in your Ecwid store, so I cannot reproduce the issue.

Facebook functionality (Like, Send and social comments) is the totally external functionality to Ecwid - those are 3rd party widgets that we embed into Ecwid just like you embed Ecwid into your site. Ecwid does not influence the functionality of Facebook widgets. Similar errors are sometimes the result of how the store owner has set up the social buttons, but this may be a result of bug in the Facebook platform as well.

The thing you describe looks mostly like Facebook bug, and there are reports that a similar issue to the Likes gets fixed silently over time without any actions from the site owner - that happens because Facebook engineers introduce some changes to Facebook functionality.

So I would recommend to enable the social buttons functionality in your store now at least for us to see the issue live and inspect the possible reasons of it. The Like buttons may as well get working without any issues in your Ecwid store this time.
Hi Eugene

You were too fast for me, the facebook plugins are enabled right now. I was trying the other addthis and addtoany options as well and had disabled the built in social tools for those tests.

Addthis initially worked a little for me, but was showing partially and in a vertical rather then horizontal format...then it seems to have quit working altogether with or without the fix you describe as deprecated in your earlier post.

Addtoany works only to the store....not to an individual item page from what I can see.

I'm in a bit of a bind here as I told the client there was functionality for social networks like etc via Addthis and I'm not sure what is up with that...I don't have it in the code at all right now. Is it possible since your engineers are working on social functions now this widget was completely disabled just in the last day or so?