Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 PM

Eugene,

This is exactly my problem as well. I have multiple sites. I'd like to be able to force a Google analytic's code for each site individually. Something like the code that opens a specific location when the customer clicks on the "Open Bag" button would be perfect. I can track each site's traffic until the customer enters and starts to work with ECWID. Once the customer is working in ECWID no matter what site they are on it all looks like one site.

Unlike headbandhanger above, my sales are mostly through Credit Card, and I do have most customers returning to the site. I just can't tell which of the sites is most effective.

Jason

Last edited by Jason Nelson1; 08-25-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:18 AM

ok but does ecwid generate this code by itself when entering the code in the control panel because i do not see this code in the source code

Quote:
<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-XXXXX-X']);
_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
_gaq.push(['_addTrans',
'1234', // order ID - required
'Acme Clothing', // affiliation or store name
'11.99', // total - required
'1.29', // tax
'5', // shipping
'San Jose', // city
'California', // state or province
'USA' // country
]);

// add item might be called for every item in the shopping cart
// where your ecommerce engine loops through each item in the cart and
// prints out _addItem for each
_gaq.push(['_addItem',
'1234', // order ID - required
'DD44', // SKU/code - required
'T-Shirt', // product name
'Green Medium', // category or variation
'11.99', // unit price - required
'1' // quantity - required
]);
_gaq.push(['_trackTrans']); //submits transaction to the Analytics servers

(function() {
var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
})();

</script>
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Belanger View Post
ok but does ecwid generate this code by itself when entering the code in the control panel because i do not see this code in the source code
Ecwid holds the GA code inside its own code. You don't need to insert the whole GA counter code and the code will not be explicitly visible in the source code of the page, however, the GA statistics will be gathered. All you need to do is to insert the Google Web Property Id in the Ecwid Control Panel → System Settings → General → Store profile.
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:30 PM

Default Google Analytics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
Ecwid holds the GA code inside its own code. You don't need to insert the whole GA counter code and the code will not be explicitly visible in the source code of the page, however, the GA statistics will be gathered. All you need to do is to insert the Google Web Property Id in the Ecwid Control Panel → System Settings → General → Store profile.
You also have to set it up right in google analytics for it to work ... example this is an ecommerce website and it is dynamic as well ... right
Old 09-18-2014, 11:41 PM

Default Multiple sites tracking with Google Analytics?

Hi,
I am facing a similar situation that was raised in this thread from 2011. I have several websites all using the same Ecwid account for sales. Does anyone know if it has been solved or if it is still not possible to have more than one GA-id tracked by Ecwid?

Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Nelson1 View Post
Eugene,

This is exactly my problem as well. I have multiple sites. I'd like to be able to force a Google analytic's code for each site individually. Something like the code that opens a specific location when the customer clicks on the "Open Bag" button would be perfect. I can track each site's traffic until the customer enters and starts to work with ECWID. Once the customer is working in ECWID no matter what site they are on it all looks like one site.

Unlike headbandhanger above, my sales are mostly through Credit Card, and I do have most customers returning to the site. I just can't tell which of the sites is most effective.

Jason
Old 09-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by luc2 View Post
Hi,
I am facing a similar situation that was raised in this thread from 2011. I have several websites all using the same Ecwid account for sales. Does anyone know if it has been solved or if it is still not possible to have more than one GA-id tracked by Ecwid?

Thx!
Hello,

At the moment Ecwid allows to use only one Google Analytics ID in Ecwid store at the same time. Unfortunately it is not possible to use 2 and more GA IDs simultaneously in Ecwid store. Sorry.

You can enter this ID in the Ecwid control panel → System settings → General → Cart.

You may want to vote for this idea in our ideabase: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-... The more votes the idea has, the sooner it will be implemented.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.