Old 07-30-2011, 09:35 AM

Arrow How to: ECWID Single Sign-On for Joomla! 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.x - VERSION 1.1[FIX] AVAILABLE

Hi,
I want share with ecwid folks a Single Sign-on plugin for joomla! 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 that I built tonight.
Just install, setup and enable plugin to get your ecwid store login integrated with joomla!

NEW 1.1 VERSION attached!

STEP 1) Download and Install Ecwid SSO Joomla! Plugin for your Joomla version
STEP 2) Go to http://WWW.YOURSITE/administrator/in...
and search for "ECWID Single Sign-On Auth"
STEP 3) Update "ECWID Single Sign-On Auth" parameters with your "SSO Secret key"

The (SSO) Application ID is NOT required. You can leave this parameter empty.
The secret key (SSO secret key) can be obtained here:
YOURSTORE -> Control Panel -> System Settings -> API (Single Sign-on (SSO) API)

UPGRADE
STEP 1) Just download and Install new Ecwid SSO Joomla! Plugin for your Joomla version

If you have a previous (SSO) Application ID defined, you must fill same value to allow your registered customers to sign on your website.

NEVER CHANGE your "SSO Application ID" Changing appId of an existing authentication system will result in inability of registered customers to sign on your website, because new customers will have different appId/userId combination and conflict with existing database records with the same email.

Enjoy!
Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip ecwidssov1.1-J1.5.zip (2.7 KB, 259 views)
File Type: zip ecwidsso_v1.1-J1.7.zip (2.7 KB, 503 views)

Last edited by Carlos Guimaraes; 11-23-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Update information and plugins to a fix critical bug, see http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=39987
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos Guimaraes For This Useful Post:
Martin Sund (12-19-2012)
Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Guimaraes View Post
Hi,
I want share with ecwid folks a Single Sign-on plugin for joomla! 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 that I built tonight.
Just install, setup and enable plugin to get your ecwid store login integrated with joomla!

STEP 1) Download and Install Ecwid SSO Joomla! Plugin for your Joomla version
STEP 2) Go to http://WWW.YOURSITE/administrator/in...
and search for "ECWID Single Sign-On Auth"
STEP 3) Update "ECWID Single Sign-On Auth" parameters with your "SSO Secret key" and "SSO Application ID"
NEVER CHANGE your "SSO Application ID" Changing appId of an existing authentication system will result in inability of registered customers to sign on your website, because new customers will have different appId/userId combination and conflict with existing database records with the same email.

Enjoy!
Thank you
BEER ALERT... STICKY THIS!@!@!@.

Question 1.

If we install Jomsocial or Community Builder will this work with them as well? automatically keeping one logged in for purchases?

Question 2.

How does this work EXACTLY? I.e. if you log in to joomla and browse site and then say, oh I want to buy something... you won't need to login via the ecwid login? 2nd, if you are not logged into site and come accross wanting to buy something and then what happens??? Ecwid or Joomla (or 3rd party i.e. jomsocial) asks you to login <<< meaning, there is no need to login through ecwid anymore?

or is it a whichever comes first approach?
1. log into joomla logged into both?
2. log into ecwid logged into both?
3. log into ecwid only logged into ecwid? << have to login into site if want further site access.

PM me your paypal email and if all works I will donate!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:01 AM

Hi SoBe,

Here we go

Question 1.

If we install Jomsocial or Community Builder will this work with them as well? automatically keeping one logged in for purchases?
Yes, since this pluggin is based on joomla core authentication system. This plugin should be compatible with any joomla! 3rd party extension.

Question 2.

How does this work EXACTLY?
This plugin check your joomla! site every time at render time. If a user is logged, this plugin will insert at site body a "ecwid_sso_profile" javascript variable
with current signed user information to login at Ecwid store. Every time you load your Ecwid store, current logged user information is checked.
This allow you integrate your Ecwid store with any joomla! 3rd extension available.

This implementation follow document found here: https://docs.google.com/document/pub...

I.e. if you log in to joomla and browse site and then say, oh I want to buy something... you won't need to login via the ecwid login?
Yes, when you load store page you will be logged into Ecwid

2nd, if you are not logged into site and come accross wanting to buy something and then what happens???
At this time nothing will happen. Ecwid will respond as usual when a user is not logged.

Ecwid or Joomla (or 3rd party i.e. jomsocial) asks you to login <<< meaning, there is no need to login through ecwid anymore?
Yes, no more need to login through Ecwid. This feature could be implemented in this plugin.
ie. when a customer try access store and he/she is not logged, plugin could take care to redirect them
to joomla! core, jomsocial, community builder, etc.. login / registration page.

or is it a whichever comes first approach?
1. log into joomla logged into both?
YES

2. log into ecwid logged into both?
NO, this plugin integrate joomla! core and any joomla! 3rd party extension to login customer into -> Ecwid.

3. log into ecwid only logged into ecwid? << have to login into site if want further site access.
Yes, log into ecwid only logged into ecwid. To avoid customer confusion I remove "Sign In" link from my clients stores.

Another thing to remember is never change your "SSO application ID". If you do, your customers registered with old AppID will
be unable to login into your ecwid store.

PM me your paypal email and if all works I will donate!
Ok, thank you very much!

I hope I have answered your questions. But If you have more, please feel free to ask

Thank you
Carlos Guimaraes

Last edited by Carlos Guimaraes; 07-31-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:22 AM

Thanks for building the plugin! I will test it soon.
This is a feature I have been waiting for, for a long time.
Thanks again
Old 07-31-2011, 07:54 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this very useful plugin

Update:

I was struggling to get this working, not sure what to enter in which box as the labels are different.
Got it sorted now. See below (Ecwid on the left Joomla 1.5 plugin on the right)

Order API secret key --> (SSO) Application ID
SSO secret key --> Single Sign-on API (SSO) Secret key

Last edited by slice; 07-31-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: worked it out
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 PM

Awesome! I will test it soon ....
Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 PM

Good afternoon.
Excuse for bad English. Used your plug-in. Works perfectly.

Thank you very much.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:38 AM

Hi do this plugin work with joomla facebook connect?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:17 PM

I don't know but it certainly works with Facebook login via Janrain Engage, so you can have the same sort of login as to the Ecwid control panel.

There are a couple of things that could use some improvement:

If you have hidden the Ecwid login links and only use the ones in Joomla, people will not be prompted to login and instead just checkout without registering (not a problem though). So far I have quite a lot of people registering but only one of these actually placed an order while being logged in.

When a registered customers tries to check on the progress of an order and is asked to log in, they will not have the ability to do so if they have registered through Janrain as they do not have an Ecwid password. (If they are clever, they could probably also open up a Joomla tab and log in there)

Last edited by slice; 08-12-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added 'not'
Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Ecwid Team

As always thank you for your valuable suggestions, Slice.

Quote:
If you have hidden the Ecwid login links and only use the ones in Joomla, people will not be prompted to login and instead just checkout without registering (not a problem though). So far I have quite a lot of people registering but only one of these actually placed an order while being logged in.
Yes, if you use the SSO feature, than Ecwid will not show its "Sign in" links during checkout. We're considering improving this in the following way: add a way to specify the URL of your site's "Sign in/Register" pages, so Ecwid will show the "Sign in/Register" links during checkout, but they will point to your site instead of built-in Ecwid's registration forms.

Quote:
When a registered customers tries to check on the progress of an order and is asked to log in, they will not have the ability to do so if they have registered through Janrain as they do not have an Ecwid password. (If they are clever, they could probably also open up a Joomla tab and log in there)
Can you please clarify this? Do you mean that if SSO is used and an unlogged customer opens a "My Account" page, he/she sees a prompt to log in with his username and password?

@ecwid | Facebook Page | Ecwid Knowledge Base

Tags
ecwid, joomla, plugin, single sign on