Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 PM

Default Is there a way to edit the stocks of all products at a time without going in to each single product?

Hi!
I have a question whether it is possible to open one page and then edit the inventory, which means I don't have to go in to each single product?
Sincerly
Anton
Old 11-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C Send a message via Skype™ to Mike C

Hi Anton, you can do it through importing of CSV files. I had the same question about updating prices all at once. Once you have your products, just export them to CSV, modify the csv so that it just has the name, sku and quantity, update the quantity column and re-import the file. Make sure not to check the box to erase the existing products though!!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Default Thanks! But what is "Csv files"?

Thanks! But what is "Csv files"?
Sincerly
Anton
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike C Send a message via Yahoo to Mike C Send a message via Skype™ to Mike C

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values

If you're not experienced with CSV files, it can be easy to mess up. Best to work with them in a program like Excel or OpenOffice Calc How many products do you need to update the quantity for?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM

Default About 40 products

I have about 60 products in stock and would like to view aproximately 40-50 of them.
Thanks for helping me!
I really do appreciate it!
Anton
Old 11-02-2010, 09:00 PM

You're welcome! I use OpenOffice.org Calc for all my CSV related work. It's very easy to work with so I recommend it highly
Old 11-02-2010, 11:03 PM

When you do this, how do you make it start tracking the stock? Is that a general setting or product-by-product?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06 PM

When you go to edit the product in the Control Panel, it has a Stock Control section, I think if you import a CSV file and a quantity is specified, it automatically selects the "limited to" setting.