Old 02-11-2012, 02:40 AM

Default Customer order history is incorrect and cannot use repeat customer coupon

Hi!

My best customer has placed several orders that have been paid for and shipped, yet her order history says "0" therefore the discount I've offered her for future orders using a coupon code is not working. How do I update her history to reflect the orders that I can see for her?

Please advise as quickly as possible.

Thank you!
Sheen
Old 02-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Ecwid Team

I have checked your store and as far as I can see you have a coupon for repeated customers with orders subtotal over $60. Ecwid coupons don't depends on customers orders history and finished orders will not affect on applying coupons anyhow.

The main condition, which should be fulfilled is that repeated customer should be logged in to your store. In order to prevent unregistered customers to place an order you should go to Ecwid control panel → System settings → General → Cart and check "Require customers to create accounts on checkout" option.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:54 PM

Hello,

I am sorry that I must have been unclear. The customer has placed several orders with me and DID register. She showed a zero balance for her histories and could not use the coupon for that reason. The coupon code is for "repeat" customers only and even though she did register and has ordered, it is on file, her history says zero therefore the system is not recognizing her as a repeat customer.

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you!
Sheen
Old 02-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape Oils View Post
Hello,

I am sorry that I must have been unclear. The customer has placed several orders with me and DID register. She showed a zero balance for her histories and could not use the coupon for that reason. The coupon code is for "repeat" customers only and even though she did register and has ordered, it is on file, her history says zero therefore the system is not recognizing her as a repeat customer.

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you!
Sheen
Which exactly customer do you mean? What were the order numbers?
Have a question? Look up the answer at our help portal!

⬇ Click Thanks, please, if this reply helped you.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Default Still waiting for help, please.

Hi!

I've been trying to get the same issue resolved for awhile now. Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
Which exactly customer do you mean? What were the order numbers?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:41 PM

Cheryl Jenean Sasser
orders:

Since I first wrote, I changed the coupon code so that she could place her order. I changed it from "repeat customers only" to "all customers" so that she could use the coupon. AFTER I did that she was able to use the coupon and now has order:

In total she has THREE orders, but her history is only showing the most recent order that she made after I made the coupon change.

She was already a registered customer before I contacted you so that did not change.

Last edited by maya; 02-15-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:19 PM

Hi there!

I think my last message of 2/14 must have been missed. I still need help ASAP.

Thank you!
Sheen
Old 02-22-2012, 09:14 PM

Hi!

Eight days have passed without a reply. I really need help with this issue and am a paying client of ecwid.

Thank you,
Sheen
Old 02-23-2012, 04:11 PM

Default Waiting for reply

Hello!

I still need help.

Thank you,
Sheen
Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello Sheen,

Sorry for the delay.

I've inspected you store and checked your orders list. Indeed, your are right that three orders - #49, #55, #59 were placed by the same person Cheryl Jenean Sasser (actually, there is also #60 now). All of those orders have the same customer details (email, name, address), but as far as I can see, only the #59 and #60 were placed by a registered customer. Please open the 'Customers' page in your control panel and find 'CHERYL JENEAN' in the list. As you see, the number of placed order in that line is '2', so, as a registered customer, she placed only two orders.

In other words, she was acting as registered and logged in customer only when placing the two latest orders. Earlier, when she was placing the #49 and the #55 orders, she used the same email, same name and address, but she didn't enter a password at checkout and didn't create an account. So, when she was placing the order #59, Ecwid didn't recognized her as a repeated customer - she was first time logged in.

Now, if she places another order being logged in, she will be able to use 'repeated customers only' coupons. So you don't have to switch coupon type to 'All customer' coupon for her again.

Please let us know if you have any questions or notes.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

Tags
customer order history