Forums

Forums (http://www.ecwid.com/forums/index.php)
-   Design, CSS and Site Integration (http://www.ecwid.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Creating footer in Ecwid store (http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10896)

Michael Barrett 02-28-2012 04:43 AM

Creating footer in Ecwid store

I want to create a very simple footer.. a few text links.

Whenever I input the CSS code to do so, it doesn't show up.

Is there something special I should be doing?

Thanks

Eugene Rimmer 02-28-2012 08:06 AM

The CSS is not suited to store the content like texts and links - it is only able to change the way how existing content on the page is displayed (fonts, colors, borders, backgrounds etc). Hence it is incorrect to put a content like links for your footer into your CSS.

Instead, you should add the necessary content into the page of your website where you have embedded Ecwid, below the code of Ecwid widgets.

Aaron Lam 04-14-2012 03:11 PM

Hi, what if I want to put a footer to the ECWID's app on Facebook? EG, the "Copyright © 2012 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved." statement?

Ray Gordon 04-15-2012 04:11 AM

you can add a footer to the facebook application.

But on your website you can create a facebook footer that is outside of the ECWID shopping cart script easily.

Maya 04-17-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Lam (Post 50489)
Hi, what if I want to put a footer to the ECWID's app on Facebook? EG, the "Copyright © 2012 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved." statement?

You can easily add this text into the source of your own site, where Ecwid installed. Unfortuntaely, it can’t be easily done with Facebook Ecwid application, so as users are not allowed to change its layout.

There is a way to add a footer text to your Facebook store for the modern browsers:

1. You can add this text usign CSS3 rule:
Code:

#ProductBrowser-1:after {
 content: “Copyright © 2012 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.”
}

Please, note that this code will not work in IE8 and lower

2. You can create custom Facebook application, which will contain your text. Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27158188/...

If you need a professional help with custom Ecwid store development, I suggest you to contact our colleagues from Qualiteam. Please, send a message at sales@qtmsoft.com with project description for quote.

loftmaster 04-22-2013 07:00 PM

Using your advise, I placed a footer below my ecwid store using html on my website
http://www.racingpigeonmall.com/loft...

I want the same footer for my facebook page and tried to follow your above instructions but do not see any footer text displayed

I logged into my ecwid account, went to system settings, design settings, Custom CSS Themes, made a duplicate of my standard theme, put the following code as a test

content: “Additional Discounts”;
}

Saved it and activated the new theme:

However, this does not display as a footer on my facebook shopping cart. Does the facebook cart have its own CSS theme that is accessed differently than using the method I described above? Or am I doing something wrong?

Lana 04-23-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loftmaster (Post 83242)
Using your advise, I placed a footer below my ecwid store using html on my website
http://www.racingpigeonmall.com/loft...

I want the same footer for my facebook page and tried to follow your above instructions but do not see any footer text displayed

I logged into my ecwid account, went to system settings, design settings, Custom CSS Themes, made a duplicate of my standard theme, put the following code as a test

content: “Additional Discounts”;
}

Saved it and activated the new theme:

However, this does not display as a footer on my facebook shopping cart. Does the facebook cart have its own CSS theme that is accessed differently than using the method I described above? Or am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

The CSS applies everywhere you embed Ecwid. So if you create a custom CSS theme it'll work on your site as well as on Facebook. If you want a CSS change to be shown only on Facebook, this article will help: How to apply CSS changes to Facebook only?

The CSS rule you're using doesn't work because of the quotes - they have wrong format: “Additional Discounts”, but it should be "Additional Discounts". So you can quickly fix the issue by updating your CSS rule this way:

Code:

content: "Additional Discounts";
}

This wording should be displayed in the footer of the Ecwid store on the site as well as on Facebook.

loftmaster 04-23-2013 03:25 PM

I guess it did work, showed up today when I opened the shopping cart. Must have been a cache issue.

I just need to get it to center on the page now and I am set

Thanks,

loftmaster 04-23-2013 04:35 PM

Any idea how to put line breaks in the comments text, in so that I can have three lines of data in the footer

Flat Rate Shipping Zones: California = $8.25 / USA = $10.25
Flat Rate Shipping is a valuable discount which can reduce the total cost of your order by 5% - 10%
Volume Discounts (in addition to all other discounts): $100+ = 2.5%, $150+ = 3.5%, 200+ = 4.5%, $250+ = 5.5%

I have tried '/A' where I want a line break but it is ignored, what I want to do is get the above information on my shopping cart for customers to view How do I best accomplish that task?

loftmaster 04-23-2013 06:02 PM

This is how I got it to work for me with line breaks

Code:

content: "Flat Rate Shipping Zones: California = $8.25 / USA = $10.25\a Flat Rate Shipping is a valuable discount which can reduce the total cost of your order by 5% - 10%\a Volume Discounts (in addition to all other discounts): $100+ = 2.5%, $150+ = 3.5%, 200+ = 4.5%, $250+ = 5.5%";
display:block;
text-align:center;
white-space:pre;
}