How to integrate your shopping cart with FacebookNov 3, 2009 by Qetzal,
There are more than 300 million active users on Facebook — such a great opportunity to get more customers to your
Win over more buyers by adding Ecwid to the Facebook ecosystem. It will take you
Update at 29 Apr, 2010: There is now a better way to add your store to Facebook. It’s even faster! Use our Facebook application to do it:
Below are the steps to integrate your Ecwid with Facebook:
1. Detect your Ecwid Store ID.
- Log into the Ecwid Control Panel. (Don’t have an account? Sign up for free!)
- When you log in, page Dashboard with section Getting Started will appear.
- Find the Product Browser Widget Code
- Look through the code lines, find this line:
1003 is the Store ID.
Note: you will see another number on your page. Use the number from your page as your Store ID.
2. Then go to Facebook Developer App. (it’s assumed you already have a Facebook account).
You will see the following form. Click the Allow button to let the Developer application access your profile.
3. Add a new application by clicking the Set Up New Application button.
4. Give your application a name (for example
5. Then you should enter some basic information on your application, upload a logo and add a description.
Contact Information and
6. We are almost done. Click the Canvas link on the left side of the page.
7. Now you should specify the required URL’s.
- Canvas Page URL — The base URL of your store page on Facebook. For example,
- Canvas Callback URL — a special URL that will show your Ecwid store. Replace pattern %STORE_ID% with your real Store ID which you got at step #1 in this URL:
Change width and size of your application. Choose Full width (760px) and Smart size options in the Canvas settings form.
Make sure that your options look like the ones on this screenshot:
Save the changes. You will see the following page:
8. Click the View Application Profile link.
9. That’s it. Your store is ready! Press to view your Ecwid store.
Any user can now add your Facebook app to his/her profile, use it, purchase items, discuss your store with other users, become its fan, etc.
It was quickly, wasn’t it?
Please, share your experience on how you added your Ecwid store to Facebook in the comments or on Twitter. I’d be glad to learn about your stories and get your feedback :
If you have questions, feel free to ask in our forums.